Wedding Reception Forum

Having a hard time finding a reception site (in Cleveland.)

My fiance and I have been look at possibly ceremony/reception sites throughout Cleveland area. We found some that are nice and would work, but I want to find something better. The hardest part about this search is that we have our own caterer so that eliminates a lot of places altogether.

A lot of websites I visit seem to be very outdated with their photos, it's hard to tell what the place looks like! I want something more modern/updated or something with exposed wood beans, etc. I found one place that looks amazing but they don't allow alcohol! That would save us money but I don't think our guests would enjoy that.

All in all, I'm already stressing about finding a place to have our reception (and possibly ceremony) site! Anyone know of some hidden gems in Cleveland/Akron area? Thanks!

Re: Having a hard time finding a reception site (in Cleveland.)

• I went and looked at Vermillion on the Lake, in Vermillion OH.  its owned by the Lorain County Historical Society, the website doesn't do it justice, visiting is worht it.   It has tables and chairs provided and has that homey feeling to it (woodbeams and such!) It also has a closed deck that overlooks Lake Erie.  its also allows you to rent for a good price (IMO) and has a kitchen and bar, allowing you to bring in everything you want in terms of food and drinks since its just the building you rent.  it was my second choice venue, but I loved it still!
  • My fiance and I are getting married at the Galleria downtown, it's unique and beautiful
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards