Wedding Reception Forum

Appropriate for Father/Daughter Dance???

My father has gone through a rough life so far and we all believe he has nine lives. We are lucky that he is still with us and healthier than ever! I wanted to play "The Dance" by Garth Brooks as our dance song. I've asked a few people if it would be appropriate and have gotten mostly, "eehhhh... maybe" responses.
What do you girls think????

Re: Appropriate for Father/Daughter Dance???

• If the song means something to you and him, to hell with what everyone else thinks.  If there's obviously something iffy about the song though (for instance, knew a guy whose first dance w/ his wife was "Lips of an Angel" - for those of you who don't know, the song's about cheating- seemed a little off to me) you might want to take a closer look at the lyrics.  I don't know country at all, but that would be what I would double check.

For my daddy/daughter dance it'll prolly be a toss up between Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" and Monty Python's "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"

the Monty Python one will definitely get wierd looks if that's what my dad and I go for, but hell, it fits us. 
    "What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined...to strengthen each other... to be one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories." -George Eliot
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    Agree with Cocnut! If it means a lot to you and your father, than who the heck cares what others think. Now I'm not 100% sure on the lyrics of the song, but as long as it's not a borderline "Love with a partner song" or could be confused as such, then I think your good. Cause I've seen some songs that the Knot said made good Father/daugther songs and they were wildly inappropriate (they were more lover songs than father/daugther songs).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards