Wedding Reception Forum

Ideas for Kissing Games

2»

Re: Ideas for Kissing Games

• In Response to Re: Ideas for Kissing Games:

WOW you guys are harsh!! What happened to, "It's your wedding, do what you want"? I have been to over 20 weddings and 95% of them had kissing games. Mind you, I wouldn't be super pumped over having to go dance in front of everyone...but if you make it OPTIONAL...you aren't putting anyone on the spot who doesn't want to be.
    I have seen trivia games about the couple, I've seen "demonstrate the kiss you want us to do" ..honestly that one was hilarious, I've seen sing a song with the word love...not a huge fan, I have seen a giant yahtzee game where you have to roll doubles to get the couple to kiss. THAT one was the best.

Regardless of what you do, you know your family and friends best. If you think it would be a hit, go for it!
    Hands down, "it's your wedding, do what you want" is the most self centered, ridiculous advice that spoiled brides give themselves as an excuse to treat friends and family badly.  It stops being all about you the second you invite other people.  Your wedding should be something your friends and family enjoy, not something they have to endure.

It's a good thing you zombied a 2 year old thread to encourage selfish behavior.  
  • At my wedding, if anyone breaks a glass I'm going to give FI a handy under the table. And of course everyone knows this because everyone enjoys AWish displays of affection.

Also, image

Anniversary

• I have a game you can play at your wedding.  I don't know the name, but here's how it works:

1. One person strikes up a conversation with another person at the table
    2. Others join in
    3. Someone takes a sip of their drink
    4. Others follow suit
    5. The conversation continues
    6. More drinking
    7. New people appear carrying plates of food and place it on the tables
    8. Everyone stops the conversation to take a bite of the food
    9. After a few moments, repeat step one

It's seriously the best game ever.  I really hate when it gets interrupted.  
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think there is nothing wrong with optional participation games, but forcing or putting your guests on the spot to do something is not a good idea. 
  • doeydo said:
    I think there is nothing wrong with optional participation games, but forcing or putting your guests on the spot to do something is not a good idea. 
    The problem is - how many games don't force people to at least listen or sort of pay attention? I have no desire to watch people play a game at a wedding unless that game is called drinking and dancing. 
  • LoredLored member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    Umm, how about just serve great food/drink coupled with great music?? What's with the games? Is it mean to say it sounds like kindergarten? Do we have to wear nametags too???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards