Wedding Reception Forum

I need help with centerpieces

My colors are blue and orange.  The table cloth will be blue, so the centerpiece must have orange in it to bring it all together.

I don't wanna do flowers because they get expensive.  I am trying to do -it- yourself centerpieces.  This is a fall wedding theme in Septemeber.  Time is running out, anyone with ideas?????

Re: I need help with centerpieces

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2010
    How about doing candle centerpieces with some fall leaves and orange candles?  Or you can get glass candleholders and fill them with orange stones--similar to the pic below but replace the rocks.

• lots of candles with orange leaves scattered around.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers in progess... Planning bio
  • How about tall vases filled with clementines or oranges?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Something with leaves would definitely be cute, but that would add some red in too, and I'm not sure if that would mess up your color theme or not.

Hmm... is September too early for pumpkins?  If not, little pumpkins would be SO CUTE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_need-centerpieces-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:86eaf9b6-e099-4565-9b0b-97fb75f117e5Post:10eb8231-d86e-414e-a2c0-17efa82120c7">I need help with centerpieces</a>:
    [QUOTE]My colors are blue and orange.  The table cloth will be blue, so the centerpiece must have orange in it to bring it all together. I don't wanna do flowers because they get expensive.  I am trying to do -it- yourself centerpieces.  This is a fall wedding theme in Septemeber.  Time is running out, anyone with ideas?????
    Posted by lindz324[/QUOTE]

You could do vases with real oranges in them? Or you could do fake flowers? The real ones are expensive but I am doing fake flowers from different craft stores and its alot cheaper :)
  • Check out michaels online for centerpiece flowers ideas, I created my own centerpieces from michaels, filled a vase with green rocks (our colors are sage/white) and added fake flowers from the clearance section at michaels at the top, the vases I purchased at dollar store, the flowers and rocks at michaels, used a glue gun and green & white ribbon around the flowers. They came out real pretty, total price for 10 centerpieces = $108 total.

• If you're going full-out fall, I love big vases filled with fall leaves.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • We are getting married in October and using mini-goards and leaves to decorate.
  • Here are some gorgeous ideas on how to use orange and blue - you just search for the colors in their search engine:  http://my-wedding-concierge.com/Search-Results.php?searchName=blue+orange&searchRegion=1

LOVING this site!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards