Wedding Reception Forum

What if..

What if Ithe bride really wants to do a garter toss but we know that there won't be very many single men there..if any besides my brothers? I really don't know what todo because I really want to do the garter toss as I am buying an NFL garter to surprise my fiance...not to mention wrapping it around a football to toss it. Please give advice!

Re: What if..

• LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-if?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:92a7e3a8-01e0-4733-87e5-928591d69545Post:0a1ef357-b8c4-4182-b97a-34484cac79d5">What if..</a>:
    [QUOTE]What if Ithe bride really wants to do a garter toss but we know that there won't be very many single men there..if any besides my brothers? I really don't know what todo because I really want to do the garter toss as I am buying an NFL garter to surprise my fiance...not to mention wrapping it around a football to toss it. Please give advice!
    Posted by megansteele[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the garter toss (I just would never want my Dad/grandparents to see my fiance with his hand up my skirt, no matter how married we were!). However, I understand that in some places it is tradition.

But, honestly I don't think you could if there are no single men. You wouldn't want to put someone in the position of pretending theyre single in order to do it.

Could you surprise him with an NFL/football groomscake instead? Or you could just get storebought cupcakes with frosting in his team's colours- it needn't be expensive.
  • That's a good idea. Thank you!
  • Not to be too crass, but can't you surprise him on your wedding night with the garter?
  • I love all of these ideas! Now I really dont know what I will do! Lol...I really like the incentive idea because I am making a brooch bouquet..so for me to toss my bouquet I am making another one out of fake flowers and money. So I will probably do that somehow with the garter! Thank you all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-if?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:92a7e3a8-01e0-4733-87e5-928591d69545Post:b9bcb644-5996-4856-b221-9f98f08b3ec9">Re: What if..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not to be too crass, but can't you surprise him on your wedding night with the garter?
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

This was going to be my suggestion. You can still get it and say nothing till he finds it later :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-if?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:92a7e3a8-01e0-4733-87e5-928591d69545Post:d1ccefbf-c5cf-46f3-98b1-ff85d06fa754">Re: What if..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What if.. : Personally, I'm not a big fan of the garter toss (I just would never want my Dad/grandparents to see my fiance with his hand up my skirt, no matter how married we were!). However, I understand that in some places it is tradition. But, honestly I don't think you could if there are no single men. You wouldn't want to put someone in the position of pretending theyre single in order to do it. Could you surprise him with an NFL/football groomscake instead? Or you could just get storebought cupcakes with frosting in his team's colours- it needn't be expensive.
    Posted by LondonLisa[/QUOTE]

You would be MORTIFIED with our traditions. lol. The groom takes the garter off with his "teeth" well supposed to but my H just went under and took it off with his hand.

OP, if it's tradition, just go with Stage's advice.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-if?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:92a7e3a8-01e0-4733-87e5-928591d69545Post:b9bcb644-5996-4856-b221-9f98f08b3ec9">Re: What if..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not to be too crass, but can't you surprise him on your wedding night with the garter?
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

This was my thought.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards