Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Signature cocktail?

Hi guys. My fianc and I are both huge fans of Harry Potter, and we wanted to incorporate that into our wedding next January somehow. We get to choose a signature cocktail, and I was thinking about trying to make it butterbeer. The recipes online were kind of complicated but I found a few that were cream soda, butterscotch schnapps, and spiced rum. Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Signature cocktail?

• Options
    mgkgmgkg member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I think that is a great idea. I love Harry Potter and I love beer so I would enjoy this, but I would prefer it without the cream soda. Have you tried making the recipes?

All the recipes that I found do seem extremely sweet, I think unless you can think of an alternative way to make the drink you might end up with a lot of waste since people will only take a few sips.
  • Options
    No, I haven't tried making anything yet. I thought it might be a little sweet but I'm not sure how to go about toning down the sugar. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have had butterbeer and I agree with Liatris2010; it is way too sweet. Some friends of mine makes it for an annual party and they always end up with at least half of it left over. I reccomend skipping the butterbeer and maybe go with a martini-style drink that is lit on fire. It could be called Goblet of Fire. And the best part is, no horrible sugar driven hangover the next day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards