Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Covering Signs

I love my reception venue, but there's signs that are hanging near the top of the ceiling throughout the room that I'm not a fan of.  Can anyone help me come up with some ideas of how to cover them up?  Something preferrably cheap.

Re: Covering Signs

• Options
    Some swags of fabric, maybe?  You wouldn't need all that much.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I was thinking fabric, but I think I would have to hang it all around the room.  They signs are strategically placed, but I think it might look weird if I only hang fabric where the signs are...
  • Options
    What about icicle lights?  You could probably pick them up for cheap after Christmas, but that might look kind of cheesy...

Are they all up high like that?  Could you maybe cover each sign with a wedding-related sign of your own, or maybe some e-pics or family pictures?

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_covering-signs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a66e7465-1a87-4416-9232-cc85069bf3cbPost:78f04101-1e24-4fae-94c7-e1d9ba1ca464">Re: Covering Signs</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Could you maybe cover each sign with a wedding-related sign of your own, or maybe some e-pics or family pictures?
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

I like this idea. Most people wouldn't realize you were trying to cover anything up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Is it possible to do poster board with your and FI name on one, your date on another, maybe some random little facts about you and FI dating relationship like where you met.  The with fishing line or something clear, tie them around the signs.  Just a thought.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2009
    Oh, I should say to cut down the poster board to size (not like huge random poster boards hanging around the venue!)Smile
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hmm...these are all good ideas ladies.  Keep 'em coming if you think of anymore!

And yes, they're all high up.
  • Options
    I wouldn't put anything that guests would need to examine too closely if they're high up, then.

I just had a silly idea that you could maybe do wedding themed Burma Shave signs, maybe alternating with pictures...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burma-Shave#Roadside_billboards Might give some of your older guests a laugh.

• Options
    Is there any way they could just be taken down for the reception?  (Maybe you've already asked.)
  • Options
    I love the fabric idea.  It would be dramatic, and soften the room nicely.  Orrrr.....how about uplighting?  Then the focus is on the light and not on the sign.  I've seen some amazing effects with spotlighting.  I don't know how to upload photos or I would.  Good luck and have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards