Wedding Reception Forum

Decorating the Floor

We looked at a reception place this past weekend that we loved...we are going to do the ceremony and reception at the same place.  The room for the ceremony has ugly carpet that is stained :-(  This is our only hangup about the place...everything else is wonderful.

Does anyone have any good ideas for ways to cover up a stained carpet in a room with a ceremony?  The chairs will not cover it since we are having a small wedding of only about 75 guests.

Thanks!!!  I know there are people more creative than me out there!

Re: Decorating the Floor

•  I don't think you can cover it because anything you put down on top of it is going to be a tripping hazard.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• How obvious is it?  Can it be less noticeable if the lights are dimmed?
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • @CassieK - that is what I am wondering myself...we visited it Saturday at 2:30pm but our wedding would be in the evening so I am not sure it would realy be as noticeable...but, when you have an open room (it wasn't set up for anything) then you tend to notice the stains...I am sort of thinking that we wouldn't notice it as much in the evening.  I might ask them if I can go by one evening to see what it looks like more around the time we would have our wedding (since this is the exact time of year we are going to have it, we would really be able to get a good idea).

What about aisle runners?  Bad idea for at least that part?

The reception room also has stains but I think that will easily be covered by tables, chairs, and the buffet.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_decorating-floor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a7462f45-3cc8-49f8-887d-6bf871b4918bPost:de1bf652-f5cb-493c-9ef2-b38c47906dc8">Re: Decorating the Floor</a>:
    [QUOTE]How obvious is it?  Can it be less noticeable if the lights are dimmed?
    Posted by CassieeK[/QUOTE]

This. Uplighting and some kind of ceiling effect might distract from it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If the majority of the staining is where you would be walking down the aisle then, yes, you could use a runner.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• You can use an aisle runner. Our ceremony space of the ballroom has a stage they can set up (like a couple feet) so that will cover some space and then if you add some up lighting that will make it so it is not noticed.

When you decorate, try to do taller arrangements versus petals down the aisle so people are not wanting to look at the ground.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards