Wedding Reception Forum

Exit Ceremony Song!

I need some help on finding a good upbeat song for my fiance and I to exit too after we say our "I do's".  It's an outdoor wedding just to give you the feeling of the atmosphere.  We have a dj that's providing us with all the necessary equipment so no instruments needed.  To give you an idea of what I'm looking for, I would love to have the song "Everlasting Love" by Natalie Cole but I can't because one of my good friends just used that as her song and I don't want to copy her. =)  A lot of people that went to her wedding will be at mine. Any suggestions???

Thanks!

Kimberly

Re: Exit Ceremony Song!

• So Natalie Cole is exclusive to your friend and only your friend? You still have a few months and I don't think people will think you copied her, even if they were at her wedding as well.  As long as your wedding is not an exact replica of hers, it will be ok.  Pretty sure most every wedding I have been to the guy danced with his mom to "Because You Loved Me" and I never once thought anyone copied anyone.  It's just one of those songs people think of.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • My husband and I used "Aint That Love" by Ray Charles. "Signed Sealed Delivered" is also pretty good. :)
  • My husband and I got married a few weeks ago and use the instrumental version of "Linus and Lucy" from Charlie Brown :)
    It was a perfect upbeat song and all the guests loved it!
  • We're using "Going to the Chapel" for our outdoor wedding, also :)
  • You could always surprise your then husband by doing something he won't expect / know about - something meaningful to him.  For example, one of the books I read talked about a bride who's fiance was obsessed with baseball.  So she surprised him and their recessional was 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame.'  He loved it.

I agree with some other posts, also - if you want to use the song, and it means something special to you, then use it!  It doesn't matter if your friend used it recentlly.  If you want to use a totally unconventional song, use that.  Great weddings are the ones where the bride and groom really express who they are.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards