Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Alternative to photobooth

So I love the photobooth idea, but it is quite pricey. I like how you can use the photobooth pictures for the guest book too. I was trying to think of alternatives to this. I LOVE pictures and would love to incorporate this into our guestbook. One idea I had was to get a polaroid camera and have someone take pictures where they can put them into a scrapbook and sign it. However, that might be a lot of work, and I don't know who I could ask to do that, because it is kind of tedious. Also, polaroid film is kind of expensive, and I would probably end up spending a decent amount on that.
Does anyone have any other neat picture related guestbook ideas or any just original guestbook ideas?
Thank you

Re: Alternative to photobooth

• Options
    You can DIY a photobooth. All you need is a backdrop and a camera (preferably on a tripod, but not totally necessary). You can provide props (shop for them now as that after-Halloween sales are in full effect). 
    Also, i would advise against a polaroid guest book. polaroid film isn't being made anymore and is super expensive. 
    have you ever been a cruise? they take your picture with a buoy and the captain as you're getting on board. you could do something like that where you have everyone pass in front of a backdrop and take a photo before signing your guest book if you like. you could have them write a note on a chalkboard and hold it up? i suggest browsing on etsy.com
  • Options
    I don't know what you could do about who to man a sort of DIY photobooth, but you could hire a high school student or something. A cool alternative to a photobooth might be, what do call them, cutouts, that you can take pictures in?
  • Options
    we're putting voice balloons on everyones tables with funny sayings on them. they can use them if they want.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm using a polaroid camera, but I don't know how well it will work. 

My fiance found one with an unopened  box of film for 20 pictiures, so its free.  We are going to get one picture at each table.  I can't find an expiration date on the film (but there is a 1998 copyright) but I know they stopped making it.   Who knows if its too old to turn out.  I figure its worth a shot.

I wouldn't spend the money on the film if I didn't already have it.  I have no idea how much it costs.

We also having guests sign a pciture frame matte, and maybe a photoshare website.
  • Options
    You might not need someone to 'man' the camera. I think as long as you have it on a tripod then people will willingly take pictures for eachother. I know that I wouldn't mind holding down the button for another couple if they would snap one of my Fiance and myself.

Honestly I was kind of thinking of the same thing. My venue has a photobooth already there. If we rent it then it will be $800. I'm trying to cut back on my budget not add more! They do have it set up where people can still put in $1's and take pictures on their own. But that isn't quite the same in my eyes. Specially if we had wanted to keep half of the picture.

I like the idea of making your own photobooth though. I like the photoshare website too. Because then you could upload the pictures of everyone that snapped their photos.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_alternative-photobooth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:bcc7a43f-155a-4d9b-b9e4-2eb8085194f5Post:ab2371ea-7082-4389-b307-284311d0a8e1">Re: Alternative to photobooth</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using a polaroid camera, but I don't know how well it will work.  My fiance found one with an unopened  box of film for 20 pictiures, so its free.  We are going to get one picture at each table.  I can't find an expiration date on the film (but there is a 1998 copyright) but I know they stopped making it.   Who knows if its too old to turn out.  I figure its worth a shot. I wouldn't spend the money on the film if I didn't already have it.  I have no idea how much it costs. We also having guests sign a pciture frame matte, and maybe a photoshare website.
    Posted by daysleeper3[/QUOTE]

I too am planning on the Polaroid option since photobooths are silly-expensive.  There's a place that started manufacturing film for all the Polariod instant cameras.  Google "Impossible Project Film".  Depending on what quality of film you get, each box ranges from 10 - 15 bucks (approx.)

We're planning on leaving a camera  double-sided tape by the guest book so people can take pictures and then paste them in next to their entry.  Then we're going to have cameras going around so people can take some cadid shots and drop them in a basket when they're done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards