Wedding Reception Forum

Grandpa-Granddaughter dance

My Grandpa is walking me down the aisle. My dad is not in the picture and hasn't been for 5 years. And there is no way he can be at the ceremony. Anyway I've been looking and looking for the perfect song for my grandfather and I to dance to... and I can't find anything I like. I am extreme lyricists so I am will for someone to do a cover of a song I just don't want too. 

Song that won't work Grandpa- The Judds
Possible song- I love her first -heartland < I would change the words(that picky)

:) Any ideas!

Re: Grandpa-Granddaughter dance

• You can choose a song that is more generic and doesn't specifically mention anything about a grandpa/grand-daughter relationship.

I danced with my dad to "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts and I think this might be very appropriate for you too.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What about these:

"Songbird" or "What a Wonderful World" by Eva Cassidy
    "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I agree with PP you don't need a song that states "grandpa-granddaughter" people will know. Instead choose a song that means a lot about your journey together. I am super close with my grandpa and will be dedicating a song to him at my wedding. I was thinking;

You are the sunshine of my life - Stevie Wonder
    Have I told you lately -Van Morrison
    Love without end - George Strait
    Remember When - Alan Jackson
    Unforgettable - Nat & Natalie Cole
    Lean on me -Bill Withers
    I think I am going with forever young - Rod Stewart...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My grandfather's fave song is 'How High the Moon', so I will likely go with that. Does your grandpa have a fave song?
    Siggy Challenge~Fur Baby~September 2012 Board imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 'Remember When' by Alan Jackson is really inappropriate. Listen to the lyrics and try not to vomit.
  • 1. This thread is old. 

2. You have to explain that comment. Isn't it about a guy looking back over his life with his wife?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards