July 2012 Weddings
Options

Happy Monday!!!!

As of yesterday we're all married!!!!!  HOW EXCITING!!!!!!

What are your week to do's?? Doing anything fun this week?

Re: Happy Monday!!!!

• Options

This week is organize our apartment week + work at the zoo. It's a complete mess with wedding gifts all over the place. Sheesh. We're cleaning out our hallway (outside of our apartment) storage closet and turning that into a pantry to store all this new household kitchenware we received - and then storing all the crap in that closet in my parent's garage..but it all needs to repackaged neatly and more organized.

:p

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thats our plan too...organize all of the gifts and reorganize the kitchen!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:65dc5244-3bc3-4d86-af3a-05924a65e182Post:29f177cc-d7ba-48a3-9ac7-0cd8f22a2c9b">Re: Happy Monday!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats our plan too...organize all of the gifts and reorganize the kitchen!!
    Posted by littlemoments324[/QUOTE]

And I totally want to do some shopping - we received over 350 dollars in gift cards - I'm so ready to go buy some stuff to freshen our kitchen up.

But honestly - I am SO ready to move out of this place. It's just too small - we need at least 3 bedrooms..and a more formal dining room..and a yard..would be nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Monday!

The Olympics are in full swing here so we have been busy this weekend running around trying to spot athletes and going to different viewing parties with friends. I'm not really into sports usually, but it's been really fun! I think this trend will continue this week.

Other than that, life is pretty much back to normal. I seriously need to organize my list of Thank You notes to write and get cracking. I shudder to think how long that will take to get through.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am back to work after a 2 week honeymoon and just want to go back to Hawaii! The time change is killing us at this point. Oh and my boss is out today and tomorrow so I have not a clue of what is what in the office as we are the only two workers! We are planning on reorganizing this week as well.  I have work all week and school as well, welcome back to reality. We also have an 80th birthday party for one of husband's grandmother's on Saturday as well, I'm hoping to get some wedding and honeymoon pictures printed by then since everyone is already bugging us about them.

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:65dc5244-3bc3-4d86-af3a-05924a65e182Post:1b935ace-3daa-433a-aac7-c7eb951ccb68">Re: Happy Monday!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Monday! The Olympics are in full swing here so we have been busy this weekend running around trying to spot athletes and going to different viewing parties with friends. I'm not really into sports usually, but it's been really fun! I think this trend will continue this week. Other than that, life is pretty much back to normal. I seriously need to organize my list of Thank You notes to write and get cracking. I shudder to think how long that will take to get through.
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

I forgot about the thank you cards! Thanks for reminding me, I guess I should start sooner rather than later on these.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Schatzi, BBC coverage is bad, too. At least it's live, but they are wayyyyyy biased to just show events that GB is competing in, and as soon as GB gets eliminated, they drop coverage. And the commentators are beyond obnoxious. Oh well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:65dc5244-3bc3-4d86-af3a-05924a65e182Post:9067a021-8bc2-424f-8bf3-1a19e830d62c">Re: Happy Monday!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Monday!!!! : We made a spreadsheet with the name(s), gift(s), person to write (I'm doing my friends/family, he's doing his), and a place to indicate that the card is sent. Don't know if that'll help you guys, but just in case...I'm annoyingly organized... ETA: It's also a shared Google Doc that we can both access from wherever.
    Posted by Schatzi13[/QUOTE]

Schatzi - That's an awesome idea, I think I will just add it on to the spreadsheet from my rsvp's with new columns.  I told Husband that he needs to do his family's and he was not very happy with me.  Thankfully most people gave us money so it should be easy to write them.

I got a whole bunch of boxes at the wedding from an unknown, there was no card attached.  They were from our registry but they didn't leave any info, I think I figured out who it was that gave them to us (two guy friends).  Do you think I should ask them if it was them or just let it go?

Anniversary
  • Options
    Michelle - where are you registered? Can the store give you a list of who bought each item? We got a full list from WS where we registered and it's SOOOO helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Monday and Congrats everyone!

As for this week. I'm writing thank yous, buying some stuff we still need, working on the name change thing, and trying to clean. Oh and still looking for a job.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Happy Monday guys!! My sister is still here with us til Aug 14th so we'll be hanging out all week. Though today she's having stomach pain so we're at the doctor. She's feeling much better though :D Olympics parties sound fun Bmore! Reminds me of the World Cup parties. Neither of us are into sports but it's fun getting together during the World Cup. Oh and since we're talking about gifts...what are you guys planning to do with your monetary gifts??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:65dc5244-3bc3-4d86-af3a-05924a65e182Post:aa847a84-0a2a-481e-9e09-dac89b8e99a2">Re:Happy Monday!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Monday guys!! My sister is still here with us til Aug 14th so we'll be hanging out all week. Though today she's having stomach pain so we're at the doctor. She's feeling much better though :D Olympics parties sound fun Bmore! Reminds me of the World Cup parties. Neither of us are into sports but it's fun getting together during the World Cup. Oh and since we're talking about gifts...<strong>what are you guys planning to do with your monetary gifts??</strong>
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

haha...its gone...We booked our cruise for Sept. 2013 & bought a new TV & stand...FI has been very very patiently for a new TV....and he deserves it so...that's what we did!  The apartment is starting to look more like a home now with some new pieces that we've got!
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    Thanks! And that's really smart actually haha! FI wants to buy me a car or split it up between us, but I'd rather do something a little more exciting and save it for our honeymoon. So for now it's kind of just sitting there as we try to come to an agreement lol!
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    Aw that's exciting LM!! Nothing like the warm feeling when your house starts feeling more like home!
  • Options
    Woohoo! We are all wives!!! lol (That is so crazy to me!)

Well I had a NICE weekend of doing nothing at all :) This week will be much of the same...but we are going to DH's cousin's house (he was also DH's BM) tonight...they are going to race RC trucks *eye roll* I swear it's like they are 10! I plan to hang out with his wife and daughter (our FG) and swim in their pool.

The rest of the week is unknown. I need to get on the ball and do some more planning for our reception on August 19th. I'm SO over wedding stuff, but people here are very excited since most of them did not get to go to Indiana for the wedding, so I'm trying really hard to get pumped for it.

Wedding money...most of it is in savings at this point, since savings was mostly depleted for the wedding! I know there is more coming for our second reception (people out here are pretty darn generous with money and weddings, it seems!) and I'm trying not to *expect* it, but I know there will be some. We still have some purchased gifts on our registry we haven't received yet, too. We did get $500 in giftcards, and have already spent about 1/4 of that on stuff at Bed Bath & Beyond :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:65dc5244-3bc3-4d86-af3a-05924a65e182Post:b11bab3f-6a0d-48aa-8c25-4d288b51250a">Re: Happy Monday!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Bmore, you're lucky you're not in the States (and how cool to be in London)! NBC's Olympics coverage this year is HORRIBLE. Nothing is live and they're only showing a couple of sports. We know who won seven or more hours before we get to see it. Ugh!
    Posted by Schatzi13[/QUOTE]

Yeah - god forbid you go to AOL.com to check your email - cuz they broadcast the results in HUGE headline letters....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:65dc5244-3bc3-4d86-af3a-05924a65e182Post:aa847a84-0a2a-481e-9e09-dac89b8e99a2">Re:Happy Monday!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]\ Neither of us are into sports but it's fun getting together during the World Cup. Oh and since we're talking about gifts...what are you guys planning to do with your monetary gifts??
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

Tucked away into Savings toward a down payment on a house. We received just short of 3,000 in monetary gifts - so it's a start at least...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards