Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Help Please!! Need ideas asap

We have decided on a 1940's New Orleans theme for our wedding my caterer has given me free regin on choosing what food we're going to have and I have no idea.
Any ideas would be great!!
rebeknrus51212

Re: Help Please!! Need ideas asap

• Options
    Jambalaya, gumbo, crawfish etouffee, seafood, oysters, pork, red beans & rice...

Those are things that come to mind when I think of "N'awlins" style food.

I would just research restaurants in New Orleans and see what their menus offer, then try to incorporate some of that into your wedding menu - keep in mind that not all guests will like spicy foods or seafood, so make sure the food is selected so that all your guests will be able to enjoy their meal.

• Options
    Oh. man. That sounds so fun and tasty. I vote anything in the jumbalaya/gumbo area of noms!
  • Options
    Your wedding is in five months, so I'm not sure why you "need ideas asap."

I think PPs suggestions for food are awesome, but unless your caterer specializes in those foods, I would demand a tasting before signing a contract (not all caterers automatically do this).

DSC_9275
  • Options
    My Matron of Honor is from NOLA, and Mardis Gras was her theme...and plus, it was almost like a homecoming for her. It was such a great wedding. 

I'm sure the caterer can do something like mini-po'boys for the cocktail hour (if you're having one). There will be a lot of flavor in Cajun food. Be careful with seafood, if anyone has allergies. Chicken gumbo is great. Red beans and rice is a great filler food, especially if there's alcohol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mmm...bread pudding and beignets!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards