July 2012 Weddings

Monday's QOTD

What about FI made you fall in love with him/ her? How long into the relationship did you know you would get married, or first talk about getting married?

Happy Monday and Memorial Day girls! :)

Re: Monday's QOTD

• What first made me fall in love with my fiance was the fact that he made me laugh. It sounds like such a small thing but I realized that before him I'd laugh when I was in groups with my SO but never just with him. FI and I laugh all the time at everything and I remember about two or three months into our relationship thinking...what a great way to go through life this would be. I knew then that I wanted to marry him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • like pp, he makes me laugh. ALL THE TIME!  He's one of the funniest, most genuine people i've ever met.  that and his baby blues!! the first night we met, i made his friend (a mutual friend) call him so I could tell him he had the prettiest eyes i'd ever seen :)
    As wierd as it sounds i knew i wanted to marry him a few months in. he was the first person i could REALLY be myself around and he made me my best person.
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bstentbstent member
    First Comment
    Who wants to bet that the majority of us will say sense of humour?? FI makes me laugh and really gets my sense of humour, we always have fun no matter what we're doing. We also have great conversations. I can't imagine a better way to grow old with someone. Plus I love his beautiful blue eyes (which I hope he passes on to our kids!) and full lips
    I knew really quickly that I wanted to marry him. In previous relationships I've never felt completely comfortable or been fully myself, and the first week I met him I already felt at ease with him. I think the first time we had an argument and I realized that we were able to communicate honestly and openly, listen to each other, and compromise with each other, I knew for sure that we could make it for the long term. He's a keeper :)
  • We've always felt really comfortable and at ease with each other, even from the night we met. And also I remember in the beginning thinking he treated me better than any other man had. A girl that lived next door to me in my dorm met him in the hall and later told me he looked funny and had really bushy eyebrows (socially inappropriate much?!) I went off on her and said that was fine because she would never find a guy to treat her HALF as good as he treats me. And of course we always laugh at stuff that no one else thinks is funny, and I love that. We started talking about marriage like 3-4 months in. But it took us 3 YEARS to get engaged, lol.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Its the fact that he's really caring about everyone in his life and will do anything for them.  I knew I'd marry him within 2 weeks of dating.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    With me I think it was gradually, but there were a few moments that really hit home for me and I think that's where it all stemmed from. Just within a few days of meeting me, he already treated me better than anyone I'd been with. It made me realize how much he really cared and how genuine he actually was. Then as we started dating I began noticing how comfortable I felt with. We literally skyped for hours a day about god knows what and it was like there just wasn't enough time in the day to talk to him! Lol As for getting married, I can't remember if we ever really TALKED about it. I think once I decided to move here, marriage in our future became sort of a given haha. We just transitioned to talking about what our married life and kids would be like about 4-6 months in lol.
  • What about FI made you fall in love with him/ her?  Honestly it was for me from the very beginning.  We were really good friends the last year or so of high school and for the following years after we graduated.  2 years after we graduated we started dating.  I think it really hit me in October 2007 when we made a random road trip up to Traverse City, MI for the day.  I don't know what did it but it was one of the best days ever!

How long into the relationship did you know you would get married, or first talk about getting married?  As for marriage, we started talking about it around a yearish of dating maybe?  Not sure.  I always talked about weddings because I love them...but the more we dated the more serious the talks got.  2009 I think was when we really knew we wanted it to happen.
  • Family is very important to him and he balances me out.  I'm a bit of a type A personality and he is more relaxed.  He is very caring to everyone around him, including me.  He treats me so well and supports me in everything I want to do.
    Visit The Nest! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about FI made you fall in love with him/ her?

Oh my!! I could hardly count the ways. :) When I first met him, I was honestly annoyed by him. We met on a trip to China, and he followed me around like a puppy dog and talked constantly. ha! However, when we came home, I realized that I really missed his company, humour, and friendship. We called and talked for hours for a few weeks, then met up for the first time since China. We had so much fun! From then, I knew I really liked him, but a few months later, when I entered into an internship where dating wasn't allowed, he wrote me letters every week, and it was then that I fell in love. We started dating the day the internship ended. :) Since then, our friendship has grown, and I trust him and love him so much.

How long into the relationship did you know you would get married, or first talk about getting married?

Well, during our long phone calls in the first few months we were dating, he would ask me, "What would you do if I came to your house right now and proposed to you???" I always said, "I'd say no." Until about a year after we were dating. I felt like I was ready to say yes, but it would have to be a long engagement. In 2009, after he left for GA for the first time, I new that I never wanted to be separated from him for that long again. We talked about marriage a lot that fall, then the next April, he proposed. :)
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, everyone's responses are so sweet!

It's tough to boil it down to one specific thing. It's a combination of his heart, how he challenges me to try new things, and just how I feel so completely like myself when I'm with him. I guess I first thought we would end up getting married after about 3 months, but since we were so young it wasn't something we seriously discussed for several years. After he moved to London, and we made it through the first year of long distance successfully, I think we both knew for sure :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards