Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Will Airbrush Tanning rub off and stain my dress?

I am taking my bridals soon and I know I will sweat like crazy outside. Will my airbrush tan rubb off and stain my wedding dress? 

Re: Will Airbrush Tanning rub off and stain my dress?

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    no, but i have seen it 'flake' off if your skin gets dry or when it's more than  a week old.  If you don't tan normally, I wouldn't do it.  I think it's better to look natural in portraits.  If anything, use some bronzer on your cheek, jawbones and shoulders.
  • Options
    I had rub off once at a formal dance.  It stained my dress along the bustline and under the arms. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_will-airbrush-tanning-rub-off-stain-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:dd7dfbb8-341d-41b5-8ae6-6429461a12e9Post:45229fb0-22d6-4789-9597-1bcb2c78737c">Re: Will Airbrush Tanning rub off and stain my dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had rub off once at a formal dance.  It stained my dress along the bustline and under the arms. 
    Posted by lisarene77[/QUOTE]

This has happened to me as well.
  • Options
    I would just tan for a month (just a couple times a week) before your wedding.  You'll get a nice color without looking overly tan and fake.  Plus laying out or going to a tanning place will help you relax during what will be a stressful month.

I have tanned for weddings before and I go to the tanning salon.  Just for about 8-10 minutes in the bed twice a week  and I usually fall asleep so it can be very relaxing lol.
    Anniversary
  • Options

I have had a spray on tan and loved it.  It did not seem to come off on anything after I had showered.  It looked best for the first three days, then it sort of started to wear off in some places. 

I'm not sure about airbrush though.  Is that with a makeup type spray?  That very well might come off on your dress.

• Options
    I get an airbrushed tan in the summer, but it's a self-tanner. When it's sprayed on, it's a bronzer, so you leave it on for the rest of the day. You shower the next morning, and the bronzer washes off and you are left with a subtle tan. I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards