Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Center Pieces,

My wedding plans thus far are not very traditional, and I was wondering if it was a bad idea to not use flowers as a center piece, but ferns and masonjars with candles. I would lay ferns on the table along with the table coverings, and put masonjars with candles on the tables. I have a poll below please help! also if you have any other ideas please let me know! Thank you!

Re: Center Pieces,

• Options
    I love the idea of propping the candles in the sand! Our centerpieces will also have no flowers....just floating candles in glass vases. I think it's reallly a romantic look, candles.
  • Options
    Lots of people use mason jars for centerpieces. Check out the DIY boards for some cool ideas to go along with your thoughts.

Here's an inspiration for your candle and sand idea . .

And then becasue you had talked about using fern I thought this one was kind of neat. It uses moses but it gave me the same type of feel. This would be great easy to do and could be really cute!

You could do the above by simple getting a piece of thin wood or even cardboard and covering it with a thin layer of floral foam. Cut out a circle or two for the placement of mason jars and candles, then attach the moss with spray adhesive to the floral foam. To add a little color you could add a silk flower or two like pictured but you wouldn't have too.

Happy planning!
  • Options

I love the picture above with candles in the sand, i'd do that. Since your ceremony is on the beach, it kinda ties it all in. Maybe get one flower for each table if you want, that would look nice also.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards