Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Indecisive bride! Need decor help!

Hi Everyone! I am extremely indecisive and need help with lighting and decor.  The main theme of our wedding is white flowers, we are going to have them everywhere, and we want a candlelight effect. We will be doing alternating short and tall centerpieces. The tall center pieces will be  tall thin glass vases, with white orchids and french tulips cascading out.  The short centerpieces will be 3 vases varying in size, each with a different flower (peonies, tulips, and roses). The linens will be a champagne or neutral color, so the white flowers and candlelight are the focus. There will also be several candles on each table. I though it would be nice to add a subtle accent of green, to pick up the green in the tulip stems bc you'll be able to see them in our centerpieces.  So the menus, place cards will  be white with the green.  There will also be a green orchid bloom placed at each place setting, and the favors will be in green gift boxes with a white ribbon.  The sweetheart table and room will have amber uplighting.  So here's my question...

We will have a cocktail/lounge area around the bar.  Should I use white or green linens on the cocktail tables? I was also debating doing green uplighting around the bar instead of amber to make it stand apart.  Will this be too much?  Should I do green or amber uplighting at the bar?

Any insight and advice is greatly appreciated.  I want it to be elegant, so I want to make sure I do the green without overdoing it. Thanks!!!!!

Re: Indecisive bride! Need decor help!

• Options
    It sounds really pretty! I think you should leave the different lighting for your table as green might put focus on the bar area and not your table, but the green linens sound like a cool idea to differentiate them from the formal tables elsewhere.
  • Options
    If you are doing green uplighting around the bar and cocktail tables, I'd use a contrasting white tablecloth. 

The do green on the dinner tables, or green runners/toppers with white dishes/place settings?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards