Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Issue with the alcohol

So I am a little peeved and stressed right now but at this point it's just one of those things that is out of our control so probably not worth stressing about. We are having our reception at a restaurant. All along we were under the impression that my FI and I could pre-order a set number of alcoholic beverages and then have the waiters distribute the drinks at the bar. We had planned on paying for beer, wine and Hennesy (sp?). My FI's family is Cambodian and they only drink Hennesy at weddings and big events.

Unfortunately we found out just yesterday that we can pre-order and pay for the wine and Hennesy but not the beer. For whatever reason and according to state law, the restaurant will not allow us to pay for the beer and then distribute it to our guests. Something about liability issues. So now, my FI and I can cover the wine and the Hennesy but our guests will have to go to the bar and pay for whatever other alcoholic beverages they would like. I just find this rude and am embarassed that we have to do it like this but like I said, it's out of our control now and we can't do anything about it. What do you all think, is it ok for us to host just wine and Hennesy? I just feel bad because I know a lot of my friends are beer drinkers but the restaurant won't let us do it any other way.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards