Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Black & white reception after colorful sanctuary?

FI and I are looking at a local church for our ceremony and reception because it's beautiful and cheap. The sanctuary is gorgeous!

Unfortunately, the reception room is very plain and needs a lot of decorating. I don't have tons of money to spend on lavish decor, but I found this inspiration board on Snippet & Ink that I think is adorable:

The decor features balloons, twine, paper garlands and milk glass, all very affordable.

Question is, will a white and black reception look weird after all the color in the sanctuary?

Re: Black & white reception after colorful sanctuary?

• Options
    Nobody is going to notice or care. Use what you like.
  • Options
    Not at all.  They are two different venues, use what you like.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, they aren't seperate venues. They're in the same building. One is the sanctuary, and the other is the fellowship hall.
  • Options
    We are using a mid-1800's chapel and a building that houses a banquet hall, all at the same historic village. I'm using white flowers, and probably paper pew cones at the ceremony, and black & white at the reception. My colors won't match the chairs or the carpet. I don't care, because once the room is full of people, no one notices.

Don't overthink this. Have what you want.
  • Options
    The whole emphasis on what your "colors" are strikes me as ridiculous--and this is just one example.  A wedding reception is a party.  So long as everything looks ni8ce together, it doesn't have to be in some neatly defined set of colors.  Nor does the reception venue have to look like the ceremony venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards