Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Can't decide on colors..

We're having an outdoor wedding at my fiance's parent's house. It will be a garden setting, grassy yard. The food we want to serve is bbq. We want our wedding to be casual yet classy, and fun. My mom's doing the flowers, and we've decided on tulips & lilies (so we have a lot of color options there).
We're not into browns or oranges. Not really into a whole lot of green either (we figure the setting will take care of that). He wants to wear either a black or charcoal tux.
Those are the parameters basically... and now I'm stumped! There are so many color combos we like, we just can't make up our minds!
Anyone have any color ideas? How did you come up with your colors? Help!!

Re: Can't decide on colors..

• Options
    Try a grey and ivory with a touch of blue and silver. It doesnt have to look like a nature show lol,

or tulips look great in yellow
    and you can do a yellow white and gold, which can look extremely classy or cheerful, depending on how you use your decor.
  • Options
    I would go bright and colorful!  Use pinks and yellows and purples and pretty much any other color that tulips come in (I love the two toned tulips as well).  I love when all different colors of tulips are mixed together...such a fun a springy look!

• Options
    pgcppgcp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I'd keep you clothing and that of the wedding party neutral, as well as table linens, and then take full advantage of wide range of colors tulips and lilies come in.  You don't have to limit color to just 2 or 3.
  • Options

Check out www.theperfectpaletteblog.com. She has some great ideas and it may help you decide what you like and don't like.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards