Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Destination wedding

Please help me.  I have been engaged since July 09 and haven't started planning the wedding.  I can't seem to find the "perfect destination"  I have family in CA, TX and MI. My fiance's family is all in MI.  We live in Oregon.  I would love to do an Hawaii weding... but worried about costs.. esp if we think at least 100 may attend.  Any ideas?

Re: Destination wedding

• Options
    I'm from Michigan and am doing a destination wedding in Charlevoix, MI. It's very far north, and on Lake Michigan, it is a very beutiful beach city. There is a great venue there called Castle Farms, I'm getting married there. It's not everyone's style but my fiance and I love it! You can get more information from the website castlefarms.com

Hope this helps!

November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Are you nature lovers? If so, is there a national park you are in love with? This is how we chose. All but 2 of our guests don't live in our state so it was an opportunity to choose any venue anywhere, guilt-free. We chose Yosemite. State parks are cheap to get married in. $150 to secure our ceremony site.
    We're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl, year after year
  • Options
    His family is mostly in California (half here in SoCal, half up near Yosemite) and mine is in WA, AZ, CO, SD, and FL, and that's just immediate family.  We decided to do the wedding in Vegas, because it was equally inconvenient for everyone and had tons of options for hotel for the guests.  Everyone had a lot of fun, and a lot of our guests who hadn't been there in many years are all talking about how they want to go back soon to see more of the city.

If you're worried about people being able to afford Hawaii, you might look at other beaches, especially in Florida or one of the US-owned Caribbean islands to see if flights and hotel might be cheaper for your guests.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards