Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Newbie Jamaica DW bride 2011..

Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself! I'm Jennifer 26 from Virginia and Andy and I have been engaged since November 18 2009 :) We've been together for a year and a half now, and just 2 weeks ago we decided that the big fancy wedding just wasn't for us! That's when we decided on a DW to Jamaica! Right now it still isn't "confirmed" where we're getting married but we're definitely interested in Iberostar Grand Rose Hall resort! I'm just interested in seeing where everyone else choose! 

Re: Newbie Jamaica DW bride 2011..

• Options
    Hi Jenn! Congrats on deciding on a DW! It's a big decision, but you made the right one (so I might be a little biased...). 

I'm a Jamaican bride too --- we chose RIU ClubHotel Negril. Good luck with resort hunting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Jenn...welcome!  This is a grea board with lots of helpful ladies!

I'm no help on Jamaica....we're getting married in Key West 2/25/2011.

GL with your planning!
  • Options
    Hi Jenn! I'm a Jamaican bride as well. We went with Sandals Ocho Rios. Welcome and good luck planning!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hello & welcome to the board :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    welcome to the board! I am a jamacia bride as well...getting married at sandals whitehouse on july 10...cant believe im less than 2 months away!!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi and welcome!
    I'm a Jamaica bride too.  We're getting married at the RIU Ocho Rios in two months.
    Happy planning!
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    I am a Jamaica Bride too! Sandals Royal Caribbean May 14th 2011.   I am also from VA.  What part are you from?
  • Options
    Hiya and welcome :)  I've only been on this board about a week and it's helped me more than anything else I've come across. No help on Jamaica, I'm a Dominican Republic bride-to-be!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone!!  So so nice :) *a lot nicer than most of the other boards ;) *

CraziStarr - I've looked into the Riu resorts..  what made you choose that one?

We went to Jamaica last year in Ocho Rios *Couples San Souci* and we LOOOOVED it... but we would prefer to experience the island.. so we're wanting our wedding in Montego Bay area and our Honeymoon in Negril.. we both loved Jamaica.. it was wonderful...  :)
  • Options
    Hi Jenn, and welcome to the board!  No help with Jamaica, we just got Maui'ed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi & welcome! I am a Jamaica bride too! I'm getting married in Oct at the Sandals Grande Ocho Rios
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_newbie-jamaica-dw-bride-2011?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:03c3c608-e8b8-4e87-881a-c875f8038f58Post:232e9ded-a6b0-494d-ad84-54c63ed5612a">Re: Newbie Jamaica DW bride 2011..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all the replies everyone!!  So so nice :) *a lot nicer than most of the other boards ;) * CraziStarr - I've looked into the Riu resorts..  what made you choose that one? We went to Jamaica last year in Ocho Rios *Couples San Souci* and we LOOOOVED it... but we would prefer to experience the island.. so we're wanting our wedding in Montego Bay area and our Honeymoon in Negril.. we both loved Jamaica.. it was wonderful...  :)
    Posted by AndyNJenn[/QUOTE]

We chose RIU because it was affordable yet beautiful! Pricing is great for being in Negril - just be warned that the Negril RIU resorts are situated on Bloody Bay, which is just off of 7 Mile. We also picked it because we had really good recommendations from our TA and fellow knotties. FI's young niece and nephew are coming, so we needed a place that was family-friendly without being family-centered - which RIU fits that bill.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi!  I'm a Jamaican bride to be too.  Were getting married at Couples Tower Isle on June 5, 2010.  Happy Planning :)
  • Options
    Hello!! I am a jamaica bride as well but we are taking a cruise and stopping at Ocho Rios and we will be married on the beach there =) Happy planning!
  • Options
    Jamaica Ocho Rios girl here. Just 3 weeks ago. Sandals Grande Ocho Rios. Let me know if you have any questions. Welcome!
  • Options
    This post is perfect! My fiance' and I JUST decided to move our traditional 10/6/11 wedding (deposit already paid) to a DW 7/?/11 wedding. We've cut our guest tremendously (120 to 25). The stress involved isn't worth it. We're also looking at a DW in Jamaica. Thanks for asking the question, I'm interested too :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_newbie-jamaica-dw-bride-2011?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:03c3c608-e8b8-4e87-881a-c875f8038f58Post:ab23ba8b-218f-4a41-8f5a-90abe89caba1">Re: Newbie Jamaica DW bride 2011..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a Jamaica Bride too! Sandals Royal Caribbean May 14th 2011.   I am also from VA.  What part are you from?
    Posted by akhunter1[/QUOTE]

Hey Akhunter! :) I'm from very southern VA lol  I'm originally from WV but decided to move 20 min down the road :) I'm assuming you're from the DC area??
  • Options
    I am also getting married in Jamaica... No resort booked yet, but really want to go Couples Swept Away! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_newbie-jamaica-dw-bride-2011?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:03c3c608-e8b8-4e87-881a-c875f8038f58Post:03bffd4d-5be6-48ae-a77f-68d284733f2e">Re: Newbie Jamaica DW bride 2011..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also getting married in Jamaica... No resort booked yet, but really want to go Couples Swept Away! 
    Posted by RobbyC81[/QUOTE]

My fiance and I stayed at Couples San Souci last may and we absolutely fell in love!!!! Only reason we're not getting married at one of the couples resorts is because they have up to 7 weddings a day and we were wanting it to be just us getting married that day *does that make me selfish!? lol* 

We are probably going to Couples Swept Away for our honeymoon... Either there or Couples Negril we haven't decided yet :) But we definitely fell in love with the Couples atmosphere and we'll continue to go there when we travel to Jamaica :)
  • Options
    Good to know!  Thank you for letting me know! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards