Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Guest Book Using Postcards?

Hi Everyone!  I've read a bunch of posts where people are using postcards from their DW location in lieu of a guest book and I love that idea.  I just don't understand the logistics.  Once you have the postcards, do you just lay them out on a table at your wedding for people to fill out?  Do you assemble them into some sort of book for your wedding and people fill them out once they are in the book?  I tried going back and looking through days of posts and can't seem to get this question answered.  Any advice or pictures would be very appreciated!

Re: Guest Book Using Postcards?

• Options
    I'm planning to have them on a table with pens and then after people sign them they drop them in a box. After the reception I plan to put them in some sort of album.I have some examples in my bio under AHR.
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know some ladies plan on mailing the postcards to themselves so when they get home they have all these postcards to read from guests but I'm just going to have our guests fill out postcards from our Mexico trip and then I'm going to put them in a wedding scrap book I plan on making.
  • Options
    We put two postcards in each OOT bag.  One was for them to keep and one for us.  The one for us was self addressed and stamped with instructions to fill out with marriage advice, a favorite memory from Jamaica, etc and pop in the mailbox at the hotel.  It was really fun for us to get them in the mail back home and read about what a great time everyone had.  I bought a really cute album in Jamaica that I put them in with a photo of the guest from Jamaica.

Lots of girls, put them on a table with instuctions and pens and a box to put them in.
  • Options
    I ordered Hawaiian Themed postcards (4 per bag) for our guests since we are getting married in Hawaii. I think it was 50 postcards for 10.00 bucks and I am placing them bundled with a ribbon with a note stating to write either their favorite memory of their vacation in Hawaii or what they loved about the wedding and drop it in the mail. Also that there are a couple extras to send to friends of family members.  Then I will be putting them in their welcome bags with their other items.

Then when we get home I am going to assemble them in a book.

Hope this helps!! Good luck planning
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards