Destination Weddings Discussions

invitations,boudoir pics and save the date

What wording did you use on your invitations for your dw wedding?

Im trying to order mines from 123 print but having a hard time witht he lingo...

Did you do B-pics? If so how did the FI like it? When did you give it to him , before after or during DW wedding?

After sending STD, how long did you wait to send invites. Im getting hitched 8/2010 so Im not sure how long to give them for my DW.
BabyFetus Ticker TTC since 11/2010 Me-32 - Cervical Displacia -Lymes Diseease DH-32

Re: invitations,boudoir pics and save the date

• Hi!

We are getting married 10.9.10 & I sent out my save the dates one year in advance to all the guests we wanted to invite.   My save the dates included our knot page which has all of our travel agent and guest information.  We are giving our guests till June 1st 2010 to book their trip.  I will then send out the formal invite in June only to those guests who have booked. 

I saw a great wedding invite in a magazine (martha stewart destination magazine) by envelopments.com.  they had great wording for destination invites.  I would also try to google destination wedding invites and see what comes up.  

Not sure what B pics are....

Hope this helps! GL

• Hi!We are getting married 10.9.10 & I sent out my save the dates one year in advance to all the guests we wanted to invite.   My save the dates included our knot page which has all of our travel agent and guest information.  We are giving our guests till June 1st 2010 to book their trip.  I will then send out the formal invite in June only to those guests who have booked. 

I saw a great wedding invite in a magazine (martha stewart destination magazine) by envelopments.com.  they had great wording for destination invites.  I would also try to google destination wedding invites and see what comes up.  
    Not sure what B pics are....Hope this helps! GL
  • sorry, dont know why my response is not posting!!
    one more try...

Hi!We are getting married 10.9.10 & I sent out my save the dates one year in advance to all the guests we wanted to invite.   My save the dates included our knot page which has all of our travel agent and guest information.  We are giving our guests till June 1st 2010 to book their trip.  I will then send out the formal invite in June only to those guests who have booked. 

• Hi!We are getting married 10.9.10 & I sent out my save the dates one year in advance to all the guests we wanted to invite.   My save the dates included our knot page which has all of our travel agent and guest information.  We are giving our guests till June 1st 2010 to book their trip.  I will then send out the formal invite in June only to those guests who have booked. 

• I didn't do invites for our actual wedding, but my AHR invites are in my bio...
    As for b-pics, DH loved mine! I was kinda nervous because he isn't big into pictures and all, but he really loved them! I gave them to him a couple days after the wedding because it got too crazy to do it the day of, or the day after...
    As for the STDs I would say send them out as early as possible. I would wait until after Christmas at this point, but if you have all the info, the earlier the better.
    HTH!
  • I haven't done the invitaion wording yet.

I'm planning on doing B-pics with Leah and giving it to him the day of the wedding after we go to our separate rooms (I told him I wanted us to sleep together the night before the wedding since it will be our last day with a"single" status) then after breakfast we go our sseparate ways to get ready.

For the STDs we are sending them between 12-10 months before the wedding and the invitations about 4-3 months before. So I would send out the STDs asap or after the holidays and then decide how long are you going to give the guess to rsvp and decide what month to send out invites (4-3 months is reasonable timing)

HTH

Wedding Bio

New Married Blog
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker ~Pamela&Steven~6.25.2011~PuntaCana,DR~ image
  • I worded my invites basically the same as a traditional invite...something like this:
    Alison XXXX & Tyler XXXXX invite you to share in their joy as they exchange marriage vows Saturday May 15, 2010 at 4 o'clock in the afternoon on Smather's Beach in Key West Florida. Reception to follow. I'm doing a pocket fold invite, so my inserts have addition info about travel, accomodations, reception, welcome dinner and AHR.

I sent my STDs out 11 months in advance, I recommend sending them out as soon as you have a firm date & location so that your guests have as much advance notice as possible. My Invites will go out about 3 months in advance.

I'm doing B-pics and will probably give them to FI when we get back from the honeymoon. I don't really want to travel with them.

HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards