Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Bahamas wedding location?

Recently engaged, and looking for a picteresque resort to hold a wedding with reception next spring for ~ 40 ppl. Any suggestions? We would like to get married on a quiet beach, and have decent food and service. We dont want to spend a fortune on anything too posh, but also want to maintain a certain standard for all our international guests. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! Thinking about Compass Point, any other ideas??

Re: Bahamas wedding location?

• Options
    The One & Only Club is gorgeaus, but a little pricey for what we were looking for.  You could also try Atlantis.  Sandals is a great option if you aren't expecting any kids. I am having just a reception (church wedding up the street) at the British Colonial Hilton which has recently undergone a $15 M renovation so that will be top notch starting in October this year.  The Hilton also has a great beach - quaint and private - and they do weddings on the beach there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options
    Beware of Atlantis! It is beautiful on the outside and staying there for a week was an experience, but it was outrageous exspensive and the rooms were subpar. It is not all inclusive and just something as small as lunch sandwhich, chips, and a drink was $20pp! My FI and I had dinner at one of the restaraunts down by the docks, it was an average place kind of like Margaritaville and it was almost $100 for 2 people. After a week, we were broke.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards