Are you new to the DW Board??
Hi and Welcome to the DW Board!
Guide to DW Board Traditions & Etiquette
Are you new to the DW board? Or just wondering about some of the customs of the DW board? Please take a moment to read this little guide to (almost) everything you need to know about being a DW knottie.
This guide was created by StLucia818 with help from katers1279 and fijibabyk. It will be posted weekly on the DW board so that it can easily be seen by new DW brides. A copy can also be found in the DW Brides bio for reference.
1. DW Brides Bio - The DW Brides bio is a list of DW Knotties including information such as location, venues, wedding date, and contact info. The DWBrides Bio is a great tool for finding knotties to ask for questions, how to contact them, what bios to visit for reference, ideas, and more. Once you have chosen your location, please add yourself using the submit page.
2. DW FAQ Bio - Wondering how to get your dress to your destination? Whether you're required to pay for guests to attend your DW? Or when to have your AHR (At-Home Reception)? Then check out the DW FAQ bio for answers to these questions and many more you probably never even thought of.
3. The Knottie Knot - The knottie knot was something thought up by the girls on the DW board. This knot is a symbol of our friendship amongst each other, as well as a good luck charm that is passed from each DW bride to another. For more information and instructions for signing up, please visit the Knottie Knot page.
4. Knotiquette - The DW board is a very laid back and welcoming board but there are a few etiquette rules you should know so please click here for a little lesson in knotiquette.
5. The Good Knottie Guide - The Good Knottie Guide was created by jebuell and can be found in her bio as well as several other DW brides' bios, and here. It includes information on how to create a siggy, how to do a PIP (picture in post), and many other helpful tips so please check it out!
6. Bio Help - Bios are a great way to share ideas with other brides and give them a little glimpse into your wedding planning. If you need help creating a bio, please check out mrspresley's instructions.
7. Siggy Challenges - Each week we DW girls choose something to post in our siggies (posting signatures) as a way to show off just a little bit more of our lives to everyone on the board. These are usually in the form of a weekly theme. For the siggy challenge schedule, please visit sarahandted.weebly.com.
8. Fun Stuff - WTF (What The F*ck) Wednesdays, Confession Thursdays, Tasty Tuesdays, What's For Sale Wednesdays, random polls and bios are all big parts of our community so please join in the fun!
9. The Next To Leave Crown - The next to leave crown was created in May 2007 by eminbmore and it quickly became a tradition for each DW bride to wear it in her siggy as a way for her to have a moment in the spotlight as the next to leave DW bride. Traditionally, the crown was worn by the DW bride (or brides if more than one is leaving the same day) who was literally the next to leave. However, since there seem to be so many more knotties now, you are allowed to put the crown on for the three days before you leave. This means you may share it with some other brides! Please also add the actual date you are leaving underneath the crown in your signature. Below is the code for anyone looking for the crown, just copy it into your siggy and remove the astericks. And do make sure you remove it when you're back posting as a Mrs, or we'll all be a little confused!
<*img src=http://tinyurl.com/yvexdy width=200*>
***Just be aware that tinyurl's expire after a certain amount of time, so the full URL of the picture is: www.dwbridesbio.com/images/nextToLeave.jpg" target="_blank" title="http://www.dwbridesbio.com/images/nextToLea<br />ve.jpg" />http://www.dwbridesbio.com/images/
10. Last Post - Now that you have your crown, it's time to start thinking about your last post before you leave. The last post is a tradition on several knot boards that gives a bride a chance to give shout-outs and thank you's to the knotties who were helpful during planning before she runs off to become a Mrs. So don't forget to post yours!
And after you come back!
11. If you had to do it again... What would you do again? What wouldn't you have done? What should you have done?
12. The Good, The Bad, the Ugly - Let's hear a recap of your wedding (and trip)! Don't leave anything out!
We hope this guide has helped you learn a little more about the DW board and its traditions. If you have any questions, feel free to ask someone on the DW board!