Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

mexico wedding 2014

I am planning my mexico wedding for 2014, very excited, any good ideas?

Re: mexico wedding 2014

• Options
    Yay Congrats!! I have only been to Playa del Carmen which had the greatest beach! I have heard the Riviera Maya is the upper part of Mexico with good beaches and resorts! We stayed at the Riu yucatan In Playa del carmen. We had a GREAT time but would not stay at that one again although they have 3 other Rius that we could walk too which looked better. I am not getting married in Mexico but wanted to give my insight! There were lots of great resorts in the beach. Any ideas on what part of Mexico you want?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Our wedding is at the Iberostar Tucan in Playa del Carmen in March. We decided on it, because we attended a friend's wedding there earlier this year. We had so much fun, and the wedding was lovely. The packages they offer seemed pretty reasonable, and they've been easy to work with. 

I also can't recommend Beach Bum vacations enough. We've been working with Nanda, and she's been great- she gets back to you very quickly, and can give a lot of information. If you're still deciding on a location, she can pull together lots of packages, so you can see options. Plus, her services are free! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_mexico-wedding-2014?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:39629b0e-dbc6-4f53-b687-e397c88ba573Post:63d2f6fd-4382-41ac-8aa0-b2b2a315cf71">Re: mexico wedding 2014</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is at the Iberostar Tucan in Playa del Carmen in March. We decided on it, because we attended a friend's wedding there earlier this year. We had so much fun, and the wedding was lovely. The packages they offer seemed pretty reasonable, and they've been easy to work with.  I also can't recommend Beach Bum vacations enough. We've been working with Nanda, and she's been great- she gets back to you very quickly, and can give a lot of information. If you're still deciding on a location, she can pull together lots of packages, so you can see options. Plus, her services are free! 
    Posted by cevans11[/QUOTE]

I've stayed at Iberostar Tucan-- it was awesome! I'm getting married next door
    at Sandos Playacar. FI and I have been to the area twice already, we can't get enough of that gorgeous beach!
  • Options
    We had so much fun staying there for a friend's wedding, that when we were planning ours and were looking at other locations, we just kept going back. And we already knew they threw lovely weddings :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome to the board and congratulations!!  I am no help with Mexico, but I  see that Meg, Cassidy and Jenny have you covered ;-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I'm planning ours for Cozumel, Mexico in May 2014. It's actually pretty hard to plan anything this far out. Most places won't quote me a price since it's not even 2013. And photographers have been the hardest. There are only a few on the island, and all of the ones I have spoken to are around $5000, which is a bit more than we had expected to pay. I haven't done much by way of booking or anything since it's so far out. So, I'm just enjoying my engagement glow, and the fall. I'll start really planning again after the New Year.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    I am to getting married in Mexico in May 2014. We chose Cancun and it's hard to plan that far out but so exciting at the same time. I was just told by my travel agency that we can book the wedding portion at the resort now and wait for the travel part next summer so we can get the Save the Date card mailed out. I think we are opting for the symbolilc ceremony so we can eliminate jumping through all the obstacles of the legal hoopla in Mexico though and just get the paperwork done in our hometown without telling anyone. ;O)
  • Options
    I love Riviera Maya is amazing. I went with my family to our friends wedding.Everything was a dream come true so I hgly recommend you theirs wedding planners from Wayak Riviera Maya they are so kind with everybody and help us to book everything
  • Options
    I am also getting married in Cancun MX June 2014! Is it ok to send Save the Dates now so people can plan? My FI and I both come from big extended families. Do I send Save the dates and wedding invites to them all? I don't want to leave them out but I don't think that the majority of them will come. What do I do?.. New to this all! It will be probably 300 invites/svd.
  • Options
    Wow. Big wedding. Yes, you can send save the dates now. We sent ours out in July for our May 2014 wedding. The invitations will go out in February. Everyone we invited got a save the date, because we are assuming that by the time the invitations go out, it will be cutting it close for people to make their arraignments. Our STD included our website info and the date and location. The website has all the info for the travel agent and hotels and such. 

Good luck!
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards