Destination Weddings Discussions

I'm suprised....

I got to work and the girls at work gave me a card with money. I really did not want anyone to give us anything nor did I expect it. I was totally shocked. Funny thing is that only one lady didn't put in and she was the only one that didn't even congratulate me or ask me how my trip was. Also my uncle sent me a card with a check and my dad sent me a HUGE check. I told him I didn't want it and he was crazy, he already gave me money for my first wedding. What would you girls do, keep it or send it back? I don't want to hurt his feelings but I don't think it was necessary.
~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: I'm suprised....

• That's awesome! Great surprise! SO weird about the one lady though?! What's up with her?

I think I would keep it... I think he would be upset if you returned it. 
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 11beck11beck member
    First Comment
    That's so nice of them!  Weird about the one girl.  And I would try to give it back but would keep it if he really insists.  Maybe buy him something really nice for father's day to "give it back" to him.

DW Siggy Challenge: Table Numbers-Jimmy Buffet Songs
    imageAnniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • XML&MrPXML&MrP member
    First Comment
    That's a great surprise!! Its a little weird, but take it and give a big thank you to daddy... We're a month away and one of my aunts who cant make it sent us a check, and another one called yesterday to ask me for my address for the same thing... I was VERY embarrassed but after saying no over abd over she said she would be insulted if I didn't accept her gift....
    - And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years...I'll love you for a thousand more. Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers imageimage
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Just realized my phone doesn't know how to spell surprised lol. It auto corrected wrong. The one lady is a piece of work I tell ya! My dad is supposed to help me pay for my sisters shower. I think I just won't tell him how much his 3rd is. I don't need it since he gave me that wedding gift!
  • I would keep the check. Dad's feel good about paying for their daughter's wedding and since he did not know about yours he probably wants to help you with the money you already spent. My dad has been so generous and paid for most of our wedding (which has been a lot). I think he just wants to feel like he can help his daughter with what he feels is his responsibility as your father. I do not think it matters that you have been married before !
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Smile and say thank you. No one cares that you were married before. They care that you just got married and want you to be happy. That check was a gift to you and dh. It's not to pay for your sister's shower. Use it for you and dh. As for the coworker who didn't contribute, was it the one who's always in the bathroom? Maybe she just missed when the card was being stuffed because she was busy stuffing the toilet.
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Hahah. No actually the bathroom stuffed contributed! It was a lady with not a lot of work to do. She cleans the fridge out more than work so some pple don't like her but whatever. I dont want anyone's money anyway....esp hers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards