Destination Weddings Discussions

Ceremony music

What music are you having for your ceremony? I don't know if we want to do more traditional or go with the tropical/island flavor. 
~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony music

• I'm going less traditional, and I'm not sure about all the ceremony music... But I know I'm walking down to "I'm yours/Somewhere over the rainbow" by straight no chaser. If you haven't heard it, download it... Its perfect
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm thinking of "Somewhere over the rainbow" too, the Israel IZ version. I don't want to go too traditonal either
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We didn't want traditional for our ceremony music. On iTunes we downloaded a bunch of our favourite songs that had been covered by a group called vitamin string quartet - they are amazing! They make even the most hardcore metal sound classy! We loved it and so did our guests, they were trying to figure out who the actual songs were by. I walked down the aisle (and let me tell you it was a LONG walk!) to a perfect circle's 3 libras, it was a song he used to play for me on guitar when we first started dating so it had meaning. Do whatever you feel comfortable with! We were always really into music so this fit us!
    Planning Bio updated April 16, 2012 Just Married!
  • TrudM75TrudM75 member
    First Comment
    I am also planning to walk down to somewhere over the rainbow being played on the steel drum! Although the drummer is also going to send me more non traditional suggestions, so that could change!
    Until we say 'I DO'! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tiny bubble by Don Ho for Drew. Somewhere over the rainbow/It's a wonderful life by IZ. Can't help falling in love by Elvis Presely for me. The Hawaiian wedding song performed live at the end of the ceremony.
  • We are having a classical guitarist play at our ceremony and cocktail hour. He plays a lot of Latin classical guitar so everyone can be in the "Costa Rica" mood. I am walking down to Bob Dylan "Make you feel my love". The BM's may do a classic like Canon in D because it sounds beautiful on the classical guitar. Our recessional is Michael Franti "Say Hey" or Etta James "Something's got a hold on me".

Were you thinking of getting live music or something different ?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are leaning towards the Calypso Trio that the resort has that will be playing during cocktail hour following the ceremony. Perhaps we can have them put a Jamaican twist on a more classic song? HMmm.... 
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards