Destination Weddings Discussions

Thank you note question/detective skills?

I know it's slower on the weekends, but hoping to get some help so I can wrap this project up in time for school Tuesday.  I'm working on my thank you notes from my work shower.  I'm writing individual notes for everyone from the group gifts, but I'm not sure what to do with two of them. 

One was from the "Office Staff" but I'm not sure who that is exactly.  Embarassed  I don't know if it also includes the counselor, nurse, male VP, etc.  How do I found out, or do I just write an 'office staff" thank you fo the bulletin board?  That doesn't feel as personal, but I'm not sure how to ask/find out who exactly the gift is from.  They didn't come to the actual shower.

The other one is from my team of 10 people.  Again, it was signed "the orange team" but they told me at the shower that it didn't actually come from everyone.  I'm not sure who did and didn't contribute there either, so do I go with a group thank you, ask, or what?

Sorry... I just don't want to do the wrong thing or leave anyone out!
06.24.11 OBX, NC
Planning Bio
Married Bio

Re: Thank you note question/detective skills?

• For the office staff I think I would just write one note.  I know it's not as personal but it will be easier then trying to find out each person that it includes.  

As for the one from your team.  I would try to find out who took the money and ask her who all contributed so you can write thank yous.  

Others might have something else to add.  
  • If you're pretty sure all the potential "office staff" will see it on the bulletin board, I'd do that. Otherwise, I'd maybe ask someone, that I knew for sure was included, who else I should thank for the gift.

For Team Orange, I'd thank everyone individually regardless. I am going to say something like "thank you for the part you played in the gift!", I think, for my coworkers, because before the wedding we all went out to lunch (boss and my two coworkers) and one of my coworkers presented the gift to me. It was the knife set which is like $300, so I'm guessing the company (my boss) paid for either part of it or all of it, but they all signed the card and I'm sure my coworker went to BB&B to buy it, so I wanted to acknowledge everyone's "contribution" whether it was monetary or not.
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment

I would write one to the office staff and one to the orange staff.  Find out exactly who did what on tuesday and then write personal ones on tuesday night to give out on wednesday.

• Thanks for the advice.  I've been writing thank you notes since lunch and those are the only two gifts I have left to do.  I'm pretty sure I know who did the shopping for each gift so maybe I'll check with them on Tuesday.  Etiquette, etiquette, etiquette... sigh. ;)
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards