Destination Weddings Discussions

DW ideas for Mexico

Hi All! I'm planning a DW in Mexico...I'm thinking Cancun. Does anyone have any pointers, or even favorite resorts?

Thanks!

Re: DW ideas for Mexico

• I'm no help with Mexico, but welcome to the board!
  • We had our daughters wedding at the Iberostar Tucan in Nov. its about a 45 min ride south of the cancun airport.. Walkng distance to Playa Del Carman..  Great mexican village..Lots to do..  Loved the Tucan.. Check tripadvisor as i wrote a review and there are lots of other great reviews.. The WC at the Tucan is Gabriella who was wonderful.. Unlike other resorts, the tucan only does 1 wedding a day or less.. Email me if you have any questions at [email protected]
  • I'm getting married in the Mayan in March, a friend of mine is getting married in cancun the week before at RIU, but I don't know much about it and why she chose that place.  We wanted to go a bit farther south to avoid a bit of the 'party' reputation that cancun has, but it probably depends on your group going.  Look into some resorts and see which one you feel is 'you'.  I would start by finding a travel agent familar with weddings and that area of mexico.  Good luck!
  • Theres a little town on that coast near the mayan ruins called Akumel.  It has a number of all-inclusive places that are a ways away from any big city like Cancun.  The snorkeling is beautiful there, and there are cenotes like Xel-Ha to explore.  Plus the mayan ruins of Tulum.

Have fun planning.  I know all about the other coast of Mexico if you have questions about that.  I'm in the Puerto Vallarta area about twice/year.

• tHi and welcome. here's a couple of Cancun girls here.
    first you need to to think about a few things:
    1. how amny people would you like to attend?
    2. What is your price range?
    3.m What time of year do you plan on getting married?
    4. Do you want all inclusive or pay as you go?

start looking at sites like trip advisor, kayak, etc to get an idea ofr the different resorts in Cancun- there a ton, and see which meets all of your above criteria. gl and welcome to being a DW bride. Also be sure to check all of the girls planning bio's for ideas.You may discover some neat ideas you never knew you needed :)

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• Hi and welcome!  I am a Pu nta Cana bride, but welcome anyway!!  :)

-Jamie
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm getting married in Cancun on 1/8 and would be happy to email you a review of my resort when I get back. I'm getting married at the Marriott CasaMagna. Online the photos looks amazing and I know two people who have been there and they both loved it. To be honest there have been a couple of hiccups in the planning process, but everything was fixed/corrected right away. So far I'm really happy with my decision. I will also be back here to post my review of everything when Iget back, so you can always catch that, I will be back on 1/12 so it will probably be up sometime between 1/13-1/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards