Destination Weddings Discussions

I hope this helps!

FI bought me this for my birthday.  Has anyone used one?  You all know how I never sleep!  Last night I took a sleeping pill at 9:30 and didn't fall asleep until after 12 and I was up at 4 AM  I can't take it!!!

~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: I hope this helps!

• I have one.  I like the thunderstorm.  It'll help me fall asleep, but I usually wake up a few hours later and turn it off.  You should probably go to the Dr. and get some good sleeping pills.
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    This one has a timer so I can set it. FI thinks I need to go to the dr too but I'm afraid of being stuck on sleeping pills for the rest of my life. Unisom obviously doesn't help me! I'm not taking anything tonight so we will see how the noise does. Usually I'm a light sleeper but when the AC runs Im ok. This one has the thunder storm too!
  • I have sleeping problems too girl ! And I am scared to become dependant on sleeping pills. I think it has a lot to do with the wedding right now...I am constantly thinking about it before bed. So maybe post wedding you will be better =)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hope it helps you!  I usually sleep well but the past few nights have been horrible.  I can't imgaine how you make it through the days!

DW Siggy Challenge: Table Numbers-Jimmy Buffet Songs
    imageAnniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • OMG I totally understand!  I feel like I never sleep and I hate having to take sleeping pills every single night!  Let me know if this helps you at all.  If it does I may look into one.

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
    imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Well ladies I did sleep last night, but is that from the sleep sound system or because I was so exhausted from no sleep the following night? I guess I will have to see if I sleep the next couple nights! Sunday nights are my worst nights. I would think its all wedding related too but I have no worries with eloping so I'm not sure if that's my issue.
  • I have problems sleeping too and completely understand not wanting to become dependant on sleeping pills! That's the exact reason I refuse to start them! Keep us updated for the next coule days, if it continues to work I'll have to get one!
  • Jen, Unisom gave me some seriously crazy dreams!  I stopped taking them because it was causing more harm than good to my sleep schdule.  have you tried yoga?  That's supposed to help calm the mind and relieve some stress and help you sleep better.
  • I am glad to hear that you slept good last night.  Let's hope that it keeps up.  I have a terrible time falling asleep without the TV on.  Its not as bad as it used to be when I was with my ex and had a more stressful job.  Maybe once you tell the family about the wedding in May it will be better.

Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Lindsay I haven't true Yoga but that's a thought. I always have crazy dreams! On Saturday morning I woke up and asked FI if he told me the night before that when I fall asleep he goes downstairs and calls girls. Lol. He thought I was nuts! Obviously that was a dream. Cathy I usually can't sleep with the TV on because the light and the noise bothers me....I feel like I need to watch what's on lol. We all know how stressful my supervisor makes me so that may be a part of it. FI thinks Sunday is worse cause I'm off for three days then I work myself up at night about going back to work but I don't feel like I'm doing that to myself. It could be that I haven't told the family yet. This all started when FI got orders to be deployed.... I haven't slept normal since, even though he's back.
  • I'm glad you slept last night. I have issues falling asleep too, I NEED my fan on all the time for the noise. And FI doesn't help with all the snoring! I hope this machine works for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Omg snoring would drive me insane lol. FI told me that our fire detector battery was dead so it beeped every 30 sec for a few min then paused for 2 min but he didn't get up to disconnect it cause I was finally sleeping and be didn't want to wake me up so he was awake all night. Guess I was really out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards