Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

DJ

Has/is anyone using Silver Sound DJ?   Scott did a wedding for a friend of my bro's and everyone said he was great.  Just wondering if anyone on here used him/them and what your opinion is.  Thanks.

Also, how do you go about booking a DJ?  Is it best to meet with them before first payment?  I've been talking to them and they already mailed me a contract with a payment due  with deadline but I haven't met with anyone?  I thought it would be good to meet him first to make sure our personalities match.  Maybe I'm wrong? What do you all think?
Photobucket

Re: DJ

• edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about Silver Sound, although they were out of our budget. I believe ButtonsPepper was originally going to use them but recently switched to DJ's Available (which is who we are also using).

FI & I booked our DJ, since it is a company with a wide selection of DJ's, and then went to one of their showcases which is a mini-presentation of each DJ. It was a great way to interact with them and see how they presented themselves in action. We felt it was important to see that prior to making a decision on a DJ, instead of basing it solely on reviews (even though we technically had already booked them).

Definitely meet with them first, as they will make or break your reception, IMO.
  • dch167dch167 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked a silver sound dj, Dan Breslin.  If I remember correctly Scott is the owner and if so I heard great recs for him. I did a lot of online research first, met with Dan in person just to talk face to face, then booked. 
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Paul is the owner but Scott did a family friends wedding and everybody loved him.  My brother and Mom both said he was great.  I just want to make an appointment to meet him before I put in a deposit.  I was disappointed to learn that they don't have showcases and it's not possible to go see him DJ.  I can make an appointment though to meet him, I found out late last night.  TY ladies! 

Forget the diet and enjoy the stuffing!!!  Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Photobucket
  • CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've booked Silversound for my wedding.  I spoke with Fred on the phone - he's one of the newer ones so he's cheaper.  I did a lot of research on them and everyone seems to have great reviews.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • jenuwynjenuwyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Silver Sounds. I booked with Dan.  I researched them online.  I called one of his references and we spoke over the phone. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards