Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Help!

I am planning a destination wedding in October, which doesn't give me a whole lot of time :/ and Beam Bum Vacations was reccomended to me to help plan, but I have had a bad experience so far.  The "travel concierge" they assigned to me took over a week to give me only 2 quotes, one of which is for a place that I specifically stated that I did not want to go to; and they are more expensive than the quotes I found myself on Orbitz and Travelocity.
Does anyone have any better suggestions for travel agents?
I would appreciate help sooooo much!!

Re: Help!

• Options
    I would request a different "travel" person from BBV.  I am working with BBV as well and I have had an awesome experience and super fast communication.  My guy is Steve.

As for the quotes, they to try to price match, so if you found cheaper prices online you should give that info to them and they can see what they can do to match the price.

I don't have any other reccomendations... sorry...
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am an October bride as well!!

How many people are you expecting to attend? What resorts are you looking at/don't want.

I am working with a travel agent that I used for previous personal trips. He is based out of NJ, but I do not think it would be a problem with you being in St. Louis. I have done all of my correspondence with him via phone and e-mail despite our close distance. PM me if you would like any info.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I worked with three different TAs because of that reason - we would tell them specifically the resort and dates of travel and have reasons why specifically those dates. Nobody ever came back with the right days/prices so we found the trips we wanted and out local TA booked it. We did the work even though we couldn't have been more clear! It was the most stressful part of our wedding!
    Planning Bio updated April 16, 2012 Just Married!
  • Options

That’s weird, I’ve had a great experience with BBV. I’m working with Melissa. Did you fill out the Q&A and give them specificities for what you are looking for? Once Melissa knew what we were looking for, she did a great job finding a resort that met our needs. We found BBV’s prices higher, but were able to negotiate with them to price match the rate that we found. I like working with them because we don’t have to pay a fee, like other travel agents, and I love the detailed spreadsheet I get weekly with guest updates! Maybe you can reach out to another agent at BBV and see if you have better luck? 

~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I started working with a TA at the beginning but they would always give me way higher prices then I found on my own, plus they only worked with certain resorts...so I just decided not to use one and do the travel arrangements myself. However, I know a TA makes things a lot easier for you !!

Good luck !!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Who are you working with at BBV?  My girl has been great so far and took all of our circumstances into consideration.  She even suggested the exact same resort that I found on my own that would be perfect for her needs.

Maybe you an request a different agent.
  • Options
    I don't want to say her name because I'm not out to slander anyone.  But we definately filled out a questionare with specifics of where and  when, and she has not tried at all to accommodate us.  In fact she emailed me yesturday and asked me when the wedding was!! I almost jumped through the computer!  So I had a local travel agent suggested to me and love her; so I think I will be booking with her.  I was just very disappointed with the BBV experience; especially after it came so highly reccommended :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards