Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Mexico Wedding Requirements?

Hello all!
Hope everyones wedding plans are going well!  Looks like we have finally decided on Dreams Puerto Aventuras Mexico to get married.  I'm a little confused about the requirements to make this legal because I've been hearing defferent things lately.  Does anyone know what day my fiance and I would have to arrive to make our wedding on Nov. 30th legal in the states?  Or do you know where I can find this information and make sure its accurate?
Thanks everyone!

Re: Mexico Wedding Requirements?

• Options
    Techincally you need to be there three (3) business days prior to your wedding. If your wedding is on a Saturday you're often told to arrive on Wednesday... My FI and I are erring on the safe side and heading down on Tuesday. 

Check out the website below for some other helpful information:
  • Options
    I am almost positive there is a blood test required for Mexico. I would double check on the arrival date. I was considering doing the legal ceremony in DR, and it was 3 days prior as well, however your arrival date and weekend dates did not count. I am almost positive we will make it legal on our anniversary the month before. That way we don't have to worry about anything, and do not have to go through the hassle of getting all of the documents translated. 

I am a Dreams bride also. Have you tried e-mailing them, or even checking that specific resorts website under their wedding tab. I received a written list from someone in the wedding department in PC. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    There is the 3 day min residency requirement and a blood test.

I got married in Mexico in November and we just opted to do a symbolic ceremony and get married legally here in the states first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards