Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Outdoor Ceremony and Indoor Reception all in one venue in PHL?

Re: Outdoor Ceremony and Indoor Reception all in one venue in PHL?

• Options
    it sounds a lot like your describing my venue..Talamore Country Club. Its in ambler but there are plenty of hotels nearby. The outsied ceremony space is a beautiful garden overlooking a swan/fountain lake. The cocktail space is in a gorgeous sun roon with outside patio also overlooking the lake. Then the ballroom is a beautiful 2 story masterpiece with a grand staircaise like in beauty and the beast with a waterfall. I'm in love! I'm getting married may 24th too!! but in 2013..good luck! 
  • Options

I am having that at Spring Hollow, Spring City. Its a good 45 minutes from the city.. but if thats what you want, you want it. :)

• Options
    I'm getting married at The Mansion at Ridley Creek State Park.  My ceremony will be outside, the cocktail hour will be on the terrace outside the mansion, and the reception will be inside the ballroom.  It's really pretty, and the ballroom is really a blank canvass (wood and stone walls, white ceiling with pretty molding, no carpet or curtains) so you can add whatever colors and decorations you want to fit your theme.  The whole place is kind of rustic victorian, and there are pretty gardens surrounding it.  It's worth looking into, I know it's not far from the airport (maybe 20 minutes?) so out of town guests wouldn't have to travel too far.  I think the max number of guests is 150.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_outdoor-ceremony-and-indoor-reception-all-in-one-venue-in-phl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:1f8c29a6-810a-41a2-9d48-c8538eee91a1Post:2b9e3fb7-e237-4df5-bf78-b407aa9fade7">Outdoor Ceremony and Indoor Reception all in one venue in PHL?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have already spent way too many hours looking into Philly venues.<strong> We really want to have the entire wedding at one place but would like to have the ceremony (and potentially cocktail hour) outside and then the recepetion inside</strong>. I have looked at several mansions and the like that have tents outside however these do not seem to quite fit what we are looking for. <strong>We wanted something a little more formal but are also not huge fans of the super traditional ballrooms either- still would like a more neutral but still nice ven</strong>ue. The closer to the city the better because many of our guests will be staying overnight.  I am beginnig to think what we want does not exist and we will have to give up on the idea of an outdoor ceremony but wanted to check here before. We are not getting married until May 24 (or 31) 2014 so I have a lot of time to explore but I seem to be just running into the same places.  Any suggestions? <strong>Apx. 150, 200 max guests</strong>. THANKS!!! Best wishes 
    Posted by JenAnne2014[/QUOTE]

Try looking into Artesano Iron Works

<a href="http://artesanoironworks.com/artesanogallery/index.html" rel="nofollow">http://artesanoironworks.com/artesanogallery/index.html</a>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JenAnne2014JenAnne2014 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Thanks ladies! I appreciate the suggestions... The pictures look great for the places you have suggested, I am just not sure the locations will work. 

Still searching...

• Options
    Drexelbrook provides both. Outside ceremony area and reception inside. It's not too far from Philly, so maybe you're interested.
  • Options
    I am having my wedding at the Penn Museum next month.  Very unique setting - we are having an outdoor ceremony in one of their gardens and our cocktail hour & dinner will be in two of the museum's galleries.  The facilities manager is wonderful to work with, as is the catering manager.  We've had an excellent experience with them. 

Best of luck on your search!
  • Options
    I'm having my ceremony at the Abington Art Center in Jenkintown, PA. We're getting married in the sculpture park (weather permitting!). Our reception is at another location but only because we fell in love with a different venue before seeing AAC.
  • Options

if budget is not a concern, look into the waterworks.

• Options
    I had similar criteria and chose Valley Green Inn. Most of my guests will be from out of town and will stay in Old City since they've never been to Philly before, so I wanted something that was pretty centrally located. Valley Green Inn is in Fairmont Park and has an outdoor ceremony site by the creek and then the reception is in the covered stone patio (or you can rent out the entire place). It's affordable and, important for me planning from 3000 miles away, all-inclusive.
  • Options
    Oh, I just thought of another idea for you too. Golf courses often have indoor recpetions areas too. I've officiated at several such sites (but don't reall the name) The most recent was Loch Narn Golf Club ... very nice place and great food.
  • Options
    Check out Normandy Farm! I'm getting married there next Fall and am OBSESSED. The grounds are beautiful! All the guests are staying on site (or close by) which was huge fo us, and the ceremony/reception are taking place within feet from each other. We are going to have a sunset (weather permitting) Autumn ceremony and then move right into the Grand Ballroom for the reception!

Food is phenom too, farm to fork...check it out. Good luck!
  • Options
    I am getting married May 2013 at the Loft at Sweetwater Country Club in Pennsburg. A bit of a hike from Philly, but it's worth it! Beautiful space and very reasonable prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards