Destination Weddings Discussions

WWYD: Officiant Issue

Hi Ladies!

I'll try to keep this short:

We are currently booked with the most popular Disney officiant there is. He officiants a TON of Disney weddings and most people seem to like him. His major downside: he doesn't want to speak with you to plan your ceremony until you're REALLY close to the day. 

I've been hearing a few mixed reviews about him and looked into switching to another officiant. The other officiant comes with rave reviews and seems very sweet. FI really likes him. There are a couple of issues with him though: my planner doesn't know much about him and I would have to book him myself (just makes me nervous). On top of that, I called him Monday, left him a message, and he has yet to return my call. I know I'm being anxious.

So, do I give the possible officiant a little longer to respond? Call again? Give up on him? OR, do I just stick with the original officiant given that my planner likes him a lot and at least I know he'll show up.

If you've read this long, you're amazing! Thanks! 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: WWYD: Officiant Issue

• Morning!

If it were me, and I was having mixed feelings about the officiant you had originally chosen I would call the other person again. There is no harm in calling after almost a week, and leaving another message. You want the peson that is going to marry you to be the right fit for you and your FI!! :)

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with Stef. You want your day to be perfect! Your officiant is a big part. I went to a wedding where one skipped through the whole ring process, not to scare you sorry! Doesn't hurt to try and call again especially if it is the one you guys want. I hope it all works out for you. Luckily they both have great reviews. Good luck!!
    Anniversary
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I really didn't see any reviews on our officiant except for the ones on her website. It made me very nervous, but I talked to her so many times about everything and she put my mind at ease. I think if I personally didn't get to talk to her all the times that I did I would've been freaking out. It's important for him to answer questions you have and if he can't do that you may be better off finding someone that will take time to talk to you. As much of an importance he is to you, you should be important to him as well.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Thanks girls! I'll call the possible new officiant again today. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards