Destination Weddings Discussions

My extremely belated introduction post!! Lots of PIP :)

Better late than never! lol I've been pretty active on this board but couldn't remember if I formally introduced myself. So here it goes:

My fiance and I got engaged on July 1st of this year. Long story short, he was in cahoots with my family & friends and surprised me by proposing at my house. Everyone was hiding when he popped the question & afterward we all enjoyed chocolate cupcakes & champagne and mom decorated the house with lots of pink & sparkle (which is very me). Our proposal was very intimate and heartfelt, so to me, it was perfect! :)

We dated 5 years before getting engaged & the entire time (including now) it's been long distance. I live in LA and he lives in NY. After we get married I'll be moving to NY, which is both exciting because I absolutely love NY, and a tad sad since I'm very close to my family & I never lived anywhere other than LA in my parent's home. So very bittersweet, but still exciting!

We decided to do destination because we both LOVE to travel & everything about a DW is us. We decided on Riviera Maya, Mexico because after doing research we discovered that it's equal distance from both coasts! Plus it's gorgeous :)

We're getting married March 5, 2012 at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, & honeymooning at Secrets Maroma which is also in RM. 

As far as planning goes, I've already found/purchased my dress (check!), booked resort (check!), blocked rooms & handled travel with Steve from BBV (check!) created wedding website, which you can see HERE (check!), sent out STDs -we ordered them from Zazzle & I made the sleeves myself- (check!), and now I guess it's time to start planning the reception! We have an east coast engagement party next month and the west coast one will be in Nov. I also have to start looking for BM dresses. I've been on such a roll that I'm gonna take a week off from wedding land then get back to work haha. 

Being on here has helped so much with my planning!! Love you girls!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards