Destination Weddings Discussions

Rings

im going back to the jeweler today.   my rings still dont fit.  and i finally figured out why.    i never tried on my rings together.   i tried on my band, and had it fit.   then my ering, had that fit.   but together...nope.   duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.     they fit fine on their own, but once i put them together, theyre so tight its like a little tourniquet on my finger.    

so, while some of you may read this and say "uh, yeah.  no sh!t sherlock"   there may be one or 2 of you who read this and say "ooh, i never thought of that."  Depending on your fingers, it might make a difference  Hope this helps!  :)

Re: Rings

• I had never thought of that until the jeweler told me about it! It makes sense though! It also explains why my school ring (which is a lot thicker than my e-ring) is a size 7 and fits fine, yet my 6.5 e-ring spins! With the wedding band it fits fine though.

Good information! 

Hopefully they can get them sized quickly for you. I know my jeweler typically quotes two weeks for sizing but if you tell them you need same day they'll do it at no extra charge.
  • my jeweler does everything same day.  sizing, engraving, dipping & polishing.....he's the man!!!! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_rings-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:f548aa78-a40e-4b44-bfc7-0c142b87684dPost:318641dd-b164-4c1c-980b-fa44cacae039">Re: Rings</a>:
    [QUOTE]my jeweler does everything same day.  sizing, engraving, dipping & polishing.....he's the man!!!! 
    Posted by nessi979[/QUOTE]

<div>That's AWESOME! :) </div>
  • That's good you can get everything done in one day.  I never thought about that.  But I did notice that I have a harder time putting my rings on together then seperately. Together they aren't too tight though.

Good luck!
  • edited May 2011
    Hmm ive never thought of that or heard of that, i wont get to try my rings on together until like a month before the wedding since my band is being made still, so hopefully it works out. The lady at the jewelry store just automatically ordered it in the same size as my ering.
  • I hadn't thought of that at all. My jeweler wants to make my band less than a month before the wedding and solder them the week before. I think I'm going to have him start before then just to be on the safe side.

When I was trying to decide what size to get my e-ring they were trying to talk me into getting 1/4 size smaller than I ended up getting. I'm very glad I didn't now!
  • Thanks so much for sharing!  I would have NEVER thought about that!

• sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment

I'll be honest...I said no shiit sherlock :) hahahaha.

It's the reason why I haven't gotten my ering resized.  When I put my band on with it, it totally fits like it should.  So since I started losing weight, my ering is actually so big that it will fall off.  I've been wearing my "ghetto sizer" which is clear elastic tied around it and it makes a ball that I put on the inside and viola! It fits :)

• I didn't think of this either but when we went and looked at rings I tried on a band with the e-ring and they fit fine.  Probably because both my bands are super thin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards