Destination Weddings Discussions

JOP instead of DW :( Advice/ vibes needed!

Hello all,
  FI and I went on a ski trip last week and he ended up getting hurt.  We are just now finding out the extent of his knee injuries and recovery is going to be a lot longer and more involved than we imagined.  Our June wedding is out of the question now.  We thought about postponing things but since there is no way to know how his recovery will go, there is no way to plan a date unless it is FAR into the future, at least a year or more.  Neither one of us wants to wait that long to get married.  We live separately and he is about 45 minutes away from me.  He will need someone to take care of him after surgery and drive him to his physical therapy appointments since he won't be able to drive himself for a long time.  Because of all this, we are thinking of maybe just going to the JOP very soon and moving in together before his operation and having a honeymoon and maybe another ceremony (for some nice pics, and I already have my dress, which I would really love to wear at some point) later on when he is 100% back to normal.  It's really disappointing that the wedding we were planning is on hold, maybe indefinitely, but we are lucky that his accident wasn't worse.  Things might get really hectic around here really fast if we both have to move within the next couple of weeks!  I should also add that living together before being married isn't a good option for us, although I'll admit that it would solve a lot of these problems!  It looks like I might be a Mrs. a lot sooner that I thought.  ;)

Re: JOP instead of DW :( Advice/ vibes needed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards