California-Northern

officiant recommendation?

My fiance and I are getting married next July in Pacific Grove.  We are not religious and prefer a nonreligious ceremony, and are looking for an officiant who is a bit older and has a calm, friendly demeanor.  And of course who is prompt!

Anyone have any recommendations?

Re: officiant recommendation?

• edited December 2011
    We found our pastor through a venue recommendation. Have you tried asking your venue? Maybe they know someone.
  • edited December 2011
    Pastor Jon Olson was great. 

http://www.pastorjonolson.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We went to a bridal faire a few weeks ago and fell in love with Minister Maggie. Her website is www.ministermaggie.com and she has great reveiws on yelp.
  • edited December 2011
    Cookie,
    Thanks for your suggestion of Pastor Jon Olson.  We are agnostic/atheist and do not want mention or allusion to God or religion.  Did you find that this was a problem for him given his religious background (it doesn't matter to us, as long as he is OK with it and follows our wishes)? 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Monterey and having a hard time finding an officiant as well. We have met with one but he wanted $500 and I'm not paying that much for 30 minutes of work. We are also non-religious but have the problem that FI wants a male and most that I have found locally are female. Let me know if you have any luck, this is the last big thing we need to get taken care of.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards