California-Northern

invitation wording-need help

I have some free time tonight and tomorrow and I want to work on our invitation wording so it's ready to go once we order our invitations.  The problem is I have no idea how to do it.  Our situation doesn't fit any of the suggestions that I can find.My mom is paying for part of it along with FI and I.  So far, his parents can only take care of the rehearsal dinner, but I don't mind having them listed as hosts because I thought it would make it easier to have all of the names instead of just my mom and FI and I.  My mom is dating someone and has been with him for a couple years.  He's a great guy, but they aren't married, he's in no way my step-dad, and I don't think he's really hosting.  My dad doesn't belong on the invitation because he's not hosting.  So how do I word this?  Any suggestions?  I think this part of the wedding is stressing me out more than anything else so far.  Thanks for your help.

Re: invitation wording-need help

• sm23sm23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is one of those situations where falling back on "Together with their families" might be best.So how about...Together with their familiesNutmegmjkandFI's namerequest the pleasure of your companyat the celebration of their marriageTimeDay, dateYearName of venueAddress of venueFormal reception to followORMs. mom's namerequests the pleasure of your companyat the marriage of her daughternutmegmjktoFI's nameson of Mr. and Mrs. FI's parentsTimeDay, dateYearName of venueAddress of venueFormal reception to follow
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't even think of "together with their families."  That might work because it will include whoever the person receiving the invitation wants it to include.  That's what I'm more worried about is certain family members thinking I'm leaving off someone on purpose or adding people that shouldn't be there.
  • DGdancerDGdancer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Verseit.com has a bunch of different ways to say things for most situations. That's what we used, although our situation was not at all complicated like yours is..HTH!:-)
    Dancing Through Life
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married August 22, 2009-TTC #1 since 1/11
    Dx PCOS and Hypothyroidism in 2004, SA 5/11-Excellent!
    Cycle #1-6-Anovulatory:(
    Cycle #7-metformin+clomid+acupuncture-BFP!!!
    Beta#1(16dpo)-101, Beta#2(18dpo)-240, Beta#3(22dpo)-1,255
    EDD 10-28-12
  • sm23sm23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, nutmeg, "Together with their families" is a good fall back for a lot of complicated situations. I'm actually using it too since both our sets of parents are helping with the wedding but we're paying for a large chunk ourselves too. It seemed the best way to recognize everybody without crowding the invitation with a lot of awkward wording. Hope it works for you!
  • edited December 2011
    I really like the idea of "together with our families."
    Living our Happily Ever After
    Bio updated 8/6/10 with a few pro pics
  • Roni.CedraRoni.Cedra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Roni Cedra and Mr. Roni Cedra together with their parents Mom and Dad Roni Cedra & Mom and Dad Mr. Roni Cedrais how I did it... :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards