California-Northern
Options

Reception timeline?

What's your timeline for the reception ladies? I'm trying to figure out when to cut the cake; before the first dances? Before the regular dancing starts? In the middle of dancing? Help! Thanks :)

Re: Reception timeline?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Were doing the order the DJ said which is after dinner cake cutting, then garter toss and bouquet toss, and then first dances.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This was our schedule - but I think all options work well. It's just up to you how you want it to fit in with your timeline. 7:20 PM Guests invited to Reception Seating 7:30 PM Grand entrance 7:35 PM First Dance 7:40 PM Invitation to dinner 8:40 PM Toasts, Thank yous from Bride & Groom 8:50 PM Father-daughter / mother-son dance 8:56 PM Dancing! 9:30 PM Cake cutting, Bouquet Toss / Garter toss 11:00 PM Reception concludes
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anh- did people at your reception think that your cake cutting was on the late side? We have some kids at our reception and our timeline right now is to do the cake at 915ish, but I'm thinking that's on the later side? I don't know...I'm at the point where I don't care anymore! Haha, I'm ready for the wedding maddness to be over.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had 14 kids under the age of 10 and they had their own separate little table and play area. We found that they were SO excited with everything going on, they were up and dancing the entire night. There was no concept of "late" for them! If we didn't have 8 of our own nieces and nephews, we would have had an adult only reception. I didn't want any of my planning or schedule to be catered around the kids, and so I didn't let it. I think it worked out for us! Good luck!! You're almost there!
  • Options
    MillerGirl26MillerGirl26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is our tentative schedule: 4:00pm: Guests arrive/Cocktail Hour with tray passed hors d'oeuvres 5:00pm: Bridal Party Introductions followed by Toasts (Best Man, MOH, Bride's Father) 5:15ish: Dinner Service/Bride and Groom to greet tables 6:45pm: First Dances Open Dancing 7:30PM: Cake Cutting, Bouquet and Garter Open Dancing 10pm: Reception Officially closes....... It's a long one!
  • Options
    DGdancerDGdancer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours will go something like this: 730 Dinner815 Toasts830 First Dance, Father Daughter Dance840 Reg Dancing900 Honeymoon Dance915 Bride and Groom Thank you toast, Cake cutting930 Bouquet and Garter tossWe also only have 1 child under the age of 10 and she's our flower girl, so I didn't really consider that. HTH!
    Dancing Through Life
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married August 22, 2009-TTC #1 since 1/11
    Dx PCOS and Hypothyroidism in 2004, SA 5/11-Excellent!
    Cycle #1-6-Anovulatory:(
    Cycle #7-metformin+clomid+acupuncture-BFP!!!
    Beta#1(16dpo)-101, Beta#2(18dpo)-240, Beta#3(22dpo)-1,255
    EDD 10-28-12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is our tentative timeline:6:00pm - Reception Start - Cocktails6:30pm - WP Intros6:40pm - Welcome and Toasts7:00pm - Dinner8:15pm - First Dance8:20pm - Parent Dances8:25 - 8:50pm - Open Dancing8:50pm - Cake Cutting, Bouquet Toss, Garter Toss9:00 - 11pm - Open Dancing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards