California-Northern

can we share a weding dress?

please help! There is another bride that bought my same exact dress from the same story in the same size and hem height that I want to contact but I don't know how to find her. I know it is the same everything because the consultant let me see what my future dress would look like with alterations .Little did she know i would come up with a plan. I am a cost contious bride and I want to buy her dress off her after she gets married. if she is ok with it of course. I think it is silly for two girls that are the same size, have exactly the same taste in a wedding dress and live in the same city to be buying the EXACT same dress! why can't we share it? heck she can even take it back after I am done with it! I just want to pay her to borrow it for the wedding of my dreams. P.S. it is a lace casablanca dress(1827) from a bridal shop in Citrus Heights,CA

Re: can we share a weding dress?

• jackelbridejackelbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a few on oncewed.com and preownedweddingdresses.comI would go that route before I started stalking a bride. You never know what kind of lady you're going to come across.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm wearing Casablanca 1827 too! I would look for dresses online used before I contact the other bride...like the previous poster said you never know what kind of person she is and what you are getting yourself into.
  • edited December 2011
    Totally not helpful here but... That dress was my #2 choice, and my FSIL's #2 as well. Apparently, this dress is VERY popular, so you probably can find it somewhere for an affordable price!
  • mjlkhkmjlkhk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great way to save money, but..........if I was that bride and got a call from you I would be FREAKED out. Stalker style.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I personally would not share my wedding dress.  What if she gets red wine on it, it rips, or just gets really dirty from being on the ground. Some stains are impossible to get out.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ok so I probably do seem a little stalkerish.  Which is not me at all .I was just trying to save money and thought for a second it could work. For me it is important to have a nice dress but I don't need it after I get maried in it. I guess other brides get pretty attached to their dresses and that is perfectly ok. Every bride is different. In the end.... I went and put my deposite on the dress YAY!  Hopefullly I can save a little on other things. 
  • edited December 2011
    Its totally understandable if you're a "cost conscious" bride.  Its really expensive to get married and all.  All I say is you can definitely sell your dress after your wedding and you'll get some of your money back.  Congratulations and your dress is beautiful. I love Casablanca bridal gowns...I have the 1918 :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards