California-Northern

Jewelry store recommendations Bay Area

Hello all,

I hope this isn't a repeat...I couldn't find anything more recent than a year ago. I am super frustrated shopping for e-rings. I haven't found many styles I liked after going to a few stores and looking at probably thousands of rings on line.

So far we've been to Shane Co. and some of the chains (Zales, Ultra Diamonds, CH, etc.). Most of the stores except Shane Co. didn't have much selection. Ideally, I'd like to find a place focused more on settings than complete rings, as I'd like to get a Moissanite for the center.

South Bay or southern part of the East Bay or Peninsula are best. Unfortunately most of these places are only open 10-6 making it really hard to go any day but Saturday!

I'm also not looking for a custom piece as I wouldn't know what to tell someone to make.

Thanks!

Re: Jewelry store recommendations Bay Area

• edited December 2011
    check out Tal Diamonds in San Francisco.  Rosalind is a friend and she made my ring.  If you do call, you can feel free to tell her that I recommended her through the Boards.  You can look through the books she has with settings and she can also advise you about what setting would go well with the kind of diamond you want.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • msramelmsramel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Id check out the Jewelry Mart in San Francisco. 888 Brannon Street. They have tons of jewelers for you to pick from and the prices are way better than the Mall stores. Call them to make an appt becuase you cant just show up at the building. But if you have one appt. you can go to all of them. If you can also do a weekday appt that will be better because most them are open on weekdays but only a few on weekends and the more open, the more choices you have to get a great deal!

http://www.888brannan.com/jewelry_landing.php

• edited December 2011
    We are on the same pate msramel! That's where Tal is .  not the most glamourous place, but you get a great price!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Jewel Box, they are located in Campbell and Todd the owner is awesome. My Fiance had his wedding band made here and I am having my wedding band made also. (They don't only do custom, they have a decent selection and they can order anything they don't have.)

I wish I would 've found the Jewel Box before we purchased my e-ring. The band that I am having made I found at Joe Escobar and it was waaaay out of my price range. The Jewel box is making it for 1/3 of the price.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We actually ended up placing an order through the Jewel Box in Campbell. I found a Simon G ring I really liked, and they had just picked up the brand. We're getting it for over $500 less than another store wanted for it. Tod was super nice and didn't try to push me into getting a diamond like the guy at Shane Co did.

• vickynessvickyness member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    like the other knotties, highly recommend jewelrymart in sf, specifically derco's. they have tons of different style settings for you to look at. 
    joe escobar in campbell is pretty good too but price and quality; you can't beat derco's. i had crazy engagement ring issues and hated the original vendor and we took the center stone to derco's and they ordered and made a beautiful setting for me. now they're working on making a matching wedding band. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards