California-Northern
Options

10000 budget for everything

Is this even possible??? At first my budget was going to be bigger, but after a few events that have taken place it looks like this is what I am going to have to work with. I mean everything from attire to cake/food, venue, any rentals needed, Dj, Photographer, everything. I know dwindling the guest list will have to happen in order to have this budget work... I was wondering if there were any house rentals/venues near Sacramento (within an hour) that you can host a wedding ceremony &/or reception? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 10000 budget for everything

• Options
    edited December 2011

I am getting married at St Rose church (roseville) and reception at the Lake Natoma Inn (Folsom), we have 85 guest and we are spending about 8,500(that includes everything) ...Lake Natoma also has a place to do the ceremony if you were looking at hosting it at the same place...Good Luck
    ~Britt

• Options
    mushEmushE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think 10,000 is totally doable.  Really, you just need to sit down and figure out how many people you want to invite, and work back from there.

My reception is at the Library Galleria in downtown Sac.  Rental (including chairs and tables, setup/takedown) for a Fri/Sun ceremony + reception is, I think $1800.  Saturday is a bit more.  (We're doing Sunday of Labor Day weekend because we wanted the holiday, and it ends up being cheaper). 

For dress, it totally depends on your style, but you can certainly find a dress to fit your budget.  Google Glamour Closet (in SF) - I went there but ended up buying a more informal J. Crew dress.  They sell beautiful designer dresses, but samples, so they're much cheaper. 

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I first read this I thought that it said 1,000. I was like oh noo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can totally do it.  There are lots of venues that would fit in that.  Oak Leigh in Fair oaks is all inclusive (basically) and fits that.  Monte Verde Inn.  Hemphill Mansion in Roseville.  Community Centers and Park groups.  There is a facility at Elk Grove Park (the pavilliion) that is really pretty and the colors are neutral.

We're having 85 people and we're under 10,000.  We're getting married in Coloma, CA at the historic church with the reception at a close facility that has a kitchen and a gorgeous stone fireplace. 

Just weigh all your options before putting down deposits. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's my budget, and I think it's plenty!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did it! ok, well we went like $200 over budget, but $10,000 was our budget. We're 15 days away from the wedding and we've got a few little things to pick up, but I think it's totally doable, but get control of your catering bill early! That took up 60% of our budget. I absolutely love our caterer, but if I knew how much everything was going to add up with the rentals and everything I would have sought a more affordable caterer. If we had done that we would have been way under budget. HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a makeup artist and have seen A LOT of wedding venues in this area. Flower Farm, Lake Natoma Inn, Monte Verde Inn & The Victorian (Roseville) are my favorite venues and I have seen weddings done at these places from $3-20K. Totally doable!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, can you please share your experience at those places!? I know you said they are your favorite and I've been looking at those three in particular! Now for the decision making! Your input would help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards