California-Northern

Cake quesstion...

Our wedding and reception are being held outdoors in August in Chico...it is usually in the 90s in August and will probably somewhere around the mid to upper 80s once our evening wedding reception begins. I'm having trouble choosing our cake. I know fondant holds up well in heat but I'm not a huge fan. I want a traditional buttercream cake and was wondering if it would be ok to leave the cake indoors until it was time to cut it, then bring it out do it doesn't melt...

Re: Cake quesstion...

• No, it is not OK to hide your cake from your guests. It must be on display from the moment your ceremony prelude music begins until it is cut. Otherwise, your marriage will be invalid and you will be a sl*tbag and a meretrix.

just kidding, obviously

It's fine to keep the cake out of sight. Some cake-obsessed guests might be disappointed they don't get to inspect it throughout the reception. I don't know how many such people exist. Personally, I stay away from the cake before it's cut; I'm always afraid I'll trip and ruin it.

But this might not be your only choice. A thoroughly chilled cake might be OK in the heat. Talk to your baker.
  • Yes you can definetly leave your cake inside until time to cut the cake. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards