California-Northern

New Knottie introduction

Hi everybody!

I'm pretty new to the website and am now trying to circulate around to help get ideas on EVERYTHING. My boyfriend and I although not technically engaged yet (the ring is coming, budget) we decided to start planning and saving now. We are planning on October 6th, 2012 as the wedding date and we are getting married in the Northern California wine country. It's amazing how expensive everything is, I had no idea! I'm definitely not the girl who has been planning her wedding since she was 5 years old, I waited for the right guy to start planning. We're really excited to begin this process but after drafting a general, preliminary budget, wow is it overwhelming. Does anyone have any tips to cut costs where it counts?

Thanks, Katie

Re: New Knottie introduction

• edited December 2011

Check out the budget boards and utilize the Knot's Budgeter Tool!!It has helped me tons!

• olywillisolywillis member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely set a budget to begin with - costs can be crazy and out of control. Research venues very well and compare them and visit them to see if it is what you want and for the right price. I spent a lot of time on that. I am DIYing a lot of gifts for my bridal party and such to keep costs reasonable. I comparison shop for everything!

So just do your research and put in the time where you can afford to to do things yourself or with family and friends. Are you totally set on wine country? They were very outrageously priced as far as wedding venues in my opinion - maybe consider other places too like Amador County or Lodi where there are also wineries. There is a popular wedding site in Lodi called Wine & Roses. There are also a couple wineries in the Delta area of Sacramento.
  • edited December 2011
    HI! Welcome! We each made a list of the top 3 things we wanted to spend money on. We splurged on those items and saved on the others.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi There!  I am just like you, I had not been planning my wedding since I was a little girl.  Until he proposed I never really even thought about it.  Once he did though you would swear I had been planning all my life lol.  

It's so much fun and yes it can get very expensive. But Congratulations and if you need anything let us know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards