California-Northern

Reception Chair prices

Hi, I have a question about chair prices. My venue does provide free chairs for our reception but they are standard dark green chairs that aren't very attractive. However, I looked into chivari chairs that are so elegant but they are a whopping $8.50 each to rent! With my 120 guest list, this is over $800 just for chairs!!! What would you do?? I did consider chair covers and sashes but that is still about $600 and the look of that doesn't look that great. I just cannot believe how much chairs are!! What do you think?
"All adventurous women do."-GIRLS

Re: Reception Chair prices

• mushEmushE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were in the same boat and decided to go with the free chairs at our venue.  We figured that with the lights low, the candlelight glowing, etc., that people won't really notice the ugly (free) chairs. 
  • Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree with pp.  I'd skip the chair upgrades and use that money to make something else even more fabulous.  I can't remember what the chairs looked like at any of the weddings I've been to including the one I was at like a month ago. haha.

Photobucket
  • apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I certainly wouldn't spend that much on chairs!! Maybe I'd spend a little more on basic white garden chairs, but I have a feeling that FH would talk me out of it and into using the free ones (since that's what happened with linens...). Can you get the more basic chairs that are only about $1.25? Otherwise use the ugly ones :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, once everyone is sitting in the chais, which will be the majority of the reception, you won't be able to see them anyway.  If you do get set on them, see if your venue has any deals, I saw them at rental places for the same price ($8.50), but our venue will rent them to us for $5.50 each because they have contract pricing with a local rental place. Still haven't decided if we're going to use them yet...
  • edited December 2011
    We considered it too.. but honestly no one cared about the plain white chairs at our location either.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your help everyone! Yes, I thought about it and $800 could definitely be well spent on something much more memorable and meaningful!!! Plus, it is an evening wedding so once the lights go down no one will notice! I mean, aren't people supposed to be looking at the bride anyways?! =)=) hehe Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    If you decide to do chaircovers, I used cover me pretty ( cmpretty.com)  and they had amazing prices with delivery and setup included.  The lady was really easy to deal with!  They also had alot to choose from.  I deceided to go with the white satin self tie and I thought they looked pretty good (the picture is on their website.  The one with purple table cloths).  I am pretty sure the prices were less than you were quoted.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh thank you! I'll have to check it out! =)
  • edited December 2011
    I did spend $800 on gold chivari chairs and I think it is worth it, but it is an important part of my theme. I am having a masquerade ball and these chairs are perfect. I am also a person who pays attention to the details even when things are crazy. Chairs that do not match the gold ballroom would bother me greatly. If you don't care what the chairs look like then I would say go with the cheap ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards