California-Northern

Plus size wedding dress recommendations?

Hello all i was curious if anyone has sugesstions or has heard of any particular places or bridal shops locally i should look into spcifically being a plus size bride ? i am typically a size 18/20 dress and understand that it will be harder to find samples to try on and feeling some anxiety about it so figured if anyone has any personal experience or suggestions they may help :) Any help is appreciated as i am still new to the Califonia area as well and travelling isnt an issue if the place is good. Thank you in advance !
Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Plus size wedding dress recommendations?

• edited December 2011
    David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo both carry dresses in plus sizes...I think David's carries up to a 26 and AA carries up to a 30 I think...not sure re: non-chain salons...

Have fun finding "the one"!!
  • edited December 2011
    ditto david's bridal, if just to try on a style of dress to see how it fits you. good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    bay area bridal in san jose and house of fashion in sacramento had a bigger selection that some of the other places. also if you wanted to go to bridal mart or something to see what looks good on you - but i found that they were kind of expensive for being an outlet with no name brands.
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah my idea was to go to David's bridal to see what "works" on me since most places won't have a large variety of samples in my size to try on , and i understand that so glad i am not crazy for thinking such , lol. Really appreciate the advice , thank you so much!
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure where you live, but I went to Trudy's in Campbell and I was dreading it because I thought they wouldn't have anything in my size to try on. But they had a good selection of plus size dresses and it was a very pleasant experience. So, if you're in the San Jose area, I would highly recommend Trudy's.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Davids bridal was really good about having dresses that I could fit into (I'm a 16 street size).  However, dont' be too intimidated.  You'd be surprised what they can cram you into!  I think House of Fashion had me in a size 10 at one point.  It wasn't comfortable - but it was doable just to get an idea of whether or not I liked the style. :)  Good luck!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards